Post Thanks / Like

Brake compensator

I’m have difficulty bleeding the brakes on my Clio valver. Removed the rear callipers first, cleaned and greased them and then when trying to bleed them with a pressure bleeder at 15 psi and pumping the brake pedal up and down steadily with the ignition on and off, no brake fluid is coming out. I have been told my brake compensator is seized. Does this sound right and where can I get one from?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Brake compensator

Quote Originally Posted by dickiegtt View Post
    I’m have difficulty bleeding the brakes on my Clio valver. Removed the rear callipers first, cleaned and greased them and then when trying to bleed them with a pressure bleeder at 15 psi and pumping the brake pedal up and down steadily with the ignition on and off, no brake fluid is coming out. I have been told my brake compensator is seized. Does this sound right and where can I get one from?
    Might be an issue with your master cylinder
    See first if you can bleed the front calipers
    If both sides have a good flow then it’s ok
    Otherwise the piston is stuck in the crap at the end and won’t return!!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Michael I will try the fronts but when you say the piston is stuck in the crap at the end and won’t return I assume this is in the compensator? I’m a novice doing this for the first time.

If it is the compensator that has had it and I can’t get another can you get them refurbed or is it easy enough for a novice to remove strip down and refurb etc? Or does a R5 one fit or Clio mk2?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dickiegtt View Post
    Thanks Michael I will try the fronts but when you say the piston is stuck in the crap at the end and won’t return I assume this is in the compensator? I’m a novice doing this for the first time.

If it is the compensator that has had it and I can’t get another can you get them refurbed or is it easy enough for a novice to remove strip down and refurb etc? Or does a R5 one fit or Clio mk2?
    I mean the piston in the master cylinder because it doesn’t usually travel down that far!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks.