Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Clio 172 Fuel Rail for FPR mod

Hi guys, I'm in the very long process of converting my 2003 Clio 172 to turbo. I have pretty much decided on using efipart piggy back ecu thing and the stock reprogrammed ECU. In order to go that route though I need to convert my deadhead fuel system to early Clio 172 fuel return system. Fairly straightforward, just need a fuel rail from early 172...except...

I can not find said fuel rail anywhere.

So I either have to opt for a 200 quid KTEC fuel rail or modify the spare 172 rail I have. I really want to stick to as many OEM parts as possible. I take this Clio on yearly European road trips.

The question is, has anyone modified the later 172/182 fuel rail to accept the OEM FPR? It looks like you would have to dremel the square blocking tab and then also dremel the dead end to open it. Then the FPR would just lug in and work.

Anyone done this before or should I just try it, put on eye protection, and watch for spraying fuel by saving some money?

Any advice?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Clio 172 Fuel Rail for FPR mod

Name:  IMG-20191102-WA0008.jpg
Views: 190
Size:  58.7 KBName:  IMG-20191102-WA0007.jpg
Views: 15
Size:  68.9 KB

Yes try it how you suggest or you could use the above.

Also you could run an fpr pre rail to get rail pressure and return to the tank. I ran a dead head system on my 225 conversion a while back.

https://images.app.goo.gl/jm4mDaWDphTMiNfQ7

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Clio 172 Fuel Rail for FPR mod

Thread here with a few discussions:

https://www.rtoc.org/boards/showthre...ight=Fuel+rail