It’s been a while since I did a ‘my car’ thread so here we go.

For years I’d been pestering my mate to sell me this car and he finally cracked 3 years ago.
A deal was struck and I pretty much bought it as a bare shell with him fitting all the supplied parts to make it a complete car as part of the deal.

So, the interior is a near perfect standard phase 1 interior. I wanted the overall theme to be OE+ so some small changes were made along the way. Seat extension brackets made for the drivers seat to give a little more leg room as I’d always intended doing long road trips in the car. AFR gauge and boost gauge fitted in A pillar mount. Electronic boost controller hidden under the dash flap.

I still had the engine from the old Europarts E plate drag car sat in my garage that mark Calvin had rebuilt for me the year before. It had been in a sorry state when I sent it to him but he turned it round and it’s been the most powerful and reliable C1j that I’ve ever owned. It’s fitted with low compression pistons and a Europarts camshaft. The carb was rebuilt and modified by Jonathan Smith (the previous owner and the top guy that did all the graft for me). The turbo is a T25 from a Saab 9000 2.3 aero with a -31 actuator with 18psi spring. A gt tuning breadbin is fitted with the original cold air feed modified to fit and feeding a gt tuning ram raid induction kit which is housed in a modified air box. The exhaust is a custom 2.5” down pipe mated to a scorpion with 3” tailpipe. Everything has been kept as standard looking as possible under the bonnet to fit in with the OE+ theme. The clutch is just a Volvo 480 turbo unit but has been perfectly up to the task. I’ve not had her on a dunk yet but she runs up to 27psi and certainly doesn’t hang around. I’ve punished it regularly over the 3 thousand miles it’s covered and it’s not missed a beat.

She sits on avo coilovers with adjustable ledas on the back.

I had a set of spare wheels banded to 7j for the front and 7.5 for the rear though in hindsight I should have just gone 7j all round.

That’s it for now. To be fair it’ll be unlikely that this thread gets updated as the car is pretty much as I want it now.

url]