Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Cutting out on cold start

Hi just another little issue, since rebuilding the carb, and setting the accelerator pump, im finding when starting the car from cold, it will fire up and rev lowish, if i touch the accelerator it will cut out, if i leave it 5 or so mins it will eventually allow me to revs it, with abit of roughness on the 1st rev and fine after that. Anyone got any ideas for me to look at?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Cutting out on cold start

Are you using the choke on cold startup? Is adding choke still cutting out?

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan Grier View Post
    Are you using the choke on cold startup? Is adding choke still cutting out?
    Doesnt matter with or without choke as soon as you touch the accelerator pedal it cuts out, also ive noticed when adjusting the mixture screw apart from when being all the way in, it doesnt seem to change the running of the engine which is ryns pretty good apart from the cold start thing.

Post Thanks / Like

It could be throttle enrichment circuit, blocked or not working correctly. I would also look to see if the end of the mixture screw hasn't snapped off in the carb.

Carb back off and give it all another good clean. Check to see if the enrichment arm is working. Should move easily when the accelerator is pumped and a squirt of fuel from the brass tube.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Cole View Post
    It could be throttle enrichment circuit, blocked or not working correctly. I would also look to see if the end of the mixture screw hasn't snapped off in the carb.

Carb back off and give it all another good clean. Check to see if the enrichment arm is working. Should move easily when the accelerator is pumped and a squirt of fuel from the brass tube.
    I think it was just down being left for long time (a week) and the battery being half dead, as ive been using it over a couple of days last weekend, and took it for a good blast and the next day it started fine.