Post Thanks / Like

Quick hello!!

Hi, just wanted to say Hello, firstly Forums are new to me ive never used one. I have just purchased a non running R5, Ive chosen the Renault 5 as I really admire the car and its history. I'm a Mechanic with 17 years experience behind me and I'm willing too share my knowledge with anyone that needs any help! So the 5 ive just bought may have been seen around? its come with a few really old magazines that is cool, it does need a lot of TLC witch I'm willing to throw at it through this winter, id like to know meets shows and expeditions that I can come to in the summer once shes ready if anyone can tell me?. The long term goal is to put this car back to as standard body wise as I can! I'm starting this project in the next few days! hope to hear from some people! all the best Matt

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Quick hello!!

Welcome! You have come to the best place regarding the 5gt. A huge amount of info on this site.

The forum is generally now on Facebook. We have two sites, one R5GTOC and the RTOC one. Most members talk daily on there.

Check out the articles section for specific knowledge and the search function for information on past threads.

Enjoy.

Committee, Treasurer, Memberships admin Ian S's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

https://www.rtoc.org/boards/forumdis...hp?17-Articles

You profile says 5 Turbo 2, but if that's it in the photo, what you have is a 5GTT. Maybe a phase two?

You should find plenty of useful info within this forum.

Post Thanks / Like

Ahh I see I thought it was right I’ll change that nice one
    Yes I will need info on wiring at some point as it’s in a right mess !
    I dont know then if it’s phase 1 or 2

Post Thanks / Like

What reg is it mat? Generally up to E reg Phase 1. Some late E plates up K reg are Phase 2.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok I’m learning about these already! Mine is a G reg so it’s a phase 2 then ? Either way I think it’s ace and I’ll do a really good job Of it ! I cant wait to bring another Renault 5 back onto the roads, I’m
    Really happy

Committee, Treasurer, Memberships admin Ian S's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe you could take some pics and upload to a new thread you could start in 'Projects and restorations': https://www.rtoc.org/boards/forumdis...p-Restorations

And keep a record as the restoration progresses.
    Likes Matt Cole liked this post