Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Newbie - 2.0t GT Tourer

Hello chaps,
    Just a quick intro' post...... Picked up my GT Tourer about 5 months ago and I have to say that I am loving it. Great build quality and a proper sheep in wolfs clothing, now considering a remap by Celtic Tuning but would appreciate any advice / feedback on this front.....

$_12 (3).JPG

$_12 (1).JPG

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Newbie - 2.0t GT Tourer

Welcome Ian. Smashing to have you here! Lovely looking tourer. Are you attending cars in the park?

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome Ian, the 205GT tends to have that effect on people.

Whenever I've had a garage, even my local stealers, connect their computer
    to my car, two things have happened. First, the car reports itself as a Mégane (!)
    and second both the cruise control and speed limiter get knocked out. For the
    latter it's quite a process to tell the car's computer that it has these things on
    board.

Regarding the remap, well, I put my car on the rolling road and it came out
    with a report of 210bhp and pretty good power lines. Up until that point I was
    also seeking a remap, but with so few 205GT Coupés in the country, it looked
    like a pipe-dream and possibly risky.

Once I saw the RR output, I drew the happy conclusion that you can't tell Renault
    engineers too much about turbos. It's not as if the car is short of power, and that
    power matches the gearbox perfectly, so the only potential benefit may be better
    fuel consumption figures. For the low mileage that I do, I'd probably not recoup
    the remap costs in ages with a 3 or 4 mpg improvement. I've not bothered since.

Regards,
    Steve
    Likes IanM67 liked this post

Committee, Shop Manager, SE Regional Rep Bigfoot's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome, lovely car you have there, as Pete has said, Renault know what they are doing with getting the right kind of power out the cars. As a lot of cars I see people going towards better cooling and DPF deletes and decat before going for a re-map as they see bigger gains from there

Committee, NW Regional Rep Alex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the club. I was lookig for a decent 205GT before I bought my VW - couldn't find any! Really nice looking car with good performance.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the forum.

Nice looking GT