Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Amp power cable

I feel embarrassed to ask the question.....

Where is the best place to drill through the bulkhead to get a power cable down to the boot, the only reason i ask is i have already made a failed attempt, went next to the battery with a chunky 20mm holesaw and went into the vent ducting! Thank god for gaffa tape!

Committee, Treasurer, Memberships admin Ian S's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Amp power cable

You may not need to. It might be difficult to get to but up under the middle of the fascia somewhere, there are big red battery feeds that go to the ignition key and elsewhere. I forget where, it's 15 years or more since I looked there.

I tried to not drill new holes anywhere so as to avoid the beginnings of further long term rusting.

I have drilled through at least one of the rubber grommets that are in the bulkhead. Passed a 4mm pipe though one I think.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Amp power cable

See the pic below. The hole circled in red is where I drilled mine. If I remember correctly it was a 4 gauge cable I ran through to the boot. The little mounting bracket underneath also made a useful place to mount the circuit breaker as well. Dont forget to use a grommet if you do drill a new hole.

Name:  bulkhead.jpg
Views: 6
Size:  45.8 KB