Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Con rod and sump

Hello, does anyone have a single con rod and gudgeon pin for sale also after a phase 1 sump baffled if possible?

Committee, Treasurer, Memberships admin Ian S's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: sump

I have a phase one baffled sump. Looks like it might from a cup car as the oil drain return pipe is short(ened) to be above the oil level; they used that as an extra crank case breather.

But how much are they worth? I was keeping it in case I ever do another C1J engine but maybe I'd consider selling.

Cheers,

Ian

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Con rod and sump

I also have a phase one standard sump, but painted red. Might still be in nice condition. Also in matching red there is the block to gearbox bar that goes under it.

And has a hole in the rear for the oil temp sensor I had.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: sump

Quote Originally Posted by Ian S View Post
    I have a phase one baffled sump. Looks like it might from a cup car as the oil drain return pipe is short(ened) to be above the oil level; they used that as an extra crank case breather.

But how much are they worth? I was keeping it in case I ever do another C1J engine but maybe I'd consider selling.

Cheers,

Ian
    Hello Ian that sounds perfect! Just what I am after👍 If your willing to sell that would be great, I'm not sure what there worth as you don't see them for sale often? Let me know what you would be willing to take to let it go and I can see if I can afford it😀
    Cheers

Post Thanks / Like

I think this is what I have, but not painted yellow, an original cup car sump.

Here are some 6 year old pictures from Mark Fish Motorsport, scroll to the bottom of page one: http://sites.samfish.co.uk/r5bits/-elf-cup-car-bits-1

I'll have a close look at mine to see what the condition is

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian S View Post
    I think this is what I have, but not painted yellow, an original cup car sump.

Here are some 6 year old pictures from Mark Fish Motorsport, scroll to the bottom of page one: http://sites.samfish.co.uk/r5bits/-elf-cup-car-bits-1

I'll have a close look at mine to see what the condition is
    That would be great thanks! Some nice parts on that page👍