Post Thanks / Like

throttle issue

For some reason my car almost dies when pulling off It idles fine afr,s between 14.2-14.6 i have checked down neck of the carb and it fuels fine it revs nice at idle but soon as i pull of the car bogs down and very nearly stalls. any ideas guys i have been told to try adjusting the acc pump. any other ideas?..

Post Thanks / Like

Re: throttle issue

Quote Originally Posted by LYNCHSTAR View Post
    For some reason my car almost dies when pulling off It idles fine afr,s between 14.2-14.6 i have checked down neck of the carb and it fuels fine it revs nice at idle but soon as i pull of the car bogs down and very nearly stalls. any ideas guys i have been told to try adjusting the acc pump. any other ideas?..
    if u look down the carb and open the throttle a tiny bit u should see a jet of fuel almost instantly squirt into the venturi from a little brass pipe/nozzle.if it doesn't or there is a delay then there's ur prob.....check the little plastic bushing connected to the throttle flap underneath the carb and actuate the pump lever yourself to see is there something amiss with the lever or diaphragm.
    where the pump jet sits into the carb body sometimes leaks past a fibre washer and u get a damp stain around the side of the venturi also..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by michael tierney View Post
    if u look down the carb and open the throttle a tiny bit u should see a jet of fuel almost instantly squirt into the venturi from a little brass pipe/nozzle.if it doesn't or there is a delay then there's ur prob.....check the little plastic bushing connected to the throttle flap underneath the carb and actuate the pump lever yourself to see is there something amiss with the lever or diaphragm.
    where the pump jet sits into the carb body sometimes leaks past a fibre washer and u get a damp stain around the side of the venturi also..
    Thanks for the info Michael. The brass tube does squirt and it has had a carb has been rebuilt last week. How much does the butterfly have to be open at full throttle.?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LYNCHSTAR View Post
    Thanks for the info Michael. The brass tube does squirt and it has had a carb has been rebuilt last week. How much does the butterfly have to be open at full throttle.?
    the brass tube should squirt almost simultaneously as u begin to open the throttle......the quicker u open the throttle the stronger the jet of fuel.....if u open it extremely slowly u probably wont get anything!