Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re-profiled cams. Yes? No? Maybe?

I'm currently rebuilding an f4r engine and am in need of new cams. I am also a student so money isn't my greatest asset unfortunately. I've seen a set of re-profiled 'fast road' cams on the Piper website for a decent price however I've don't know anyone with any experience with re-profiled items, if anyone knows anything it would be helpful.

Also I didn't think the ecu would have to be remapped as they are only 'fast road' and aren't giving a massive increase in lift but this is what the website states. Hmm

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Re-profiled cams. Yes? No? Maybe?

To benefit from any gains you should take advantage of a remap.

Nothing wrong with reprofiled cams just means material has been added 5o the lobes and ground to profile instead of cut from a billet. Generally reprofiled cams are not as wild due to the limiting amount of material that can be added.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Ahh i thought it was a process of taking material off the radius, thanks. Is the standard ECU mappable? or is it a closed unit?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TomR5er View Post
    Ahh i thought it was a process of taking material off the radius, thanks. Is the standard ECU mappable? or is it a closed unit?
    Well it is also. All depends on the profile I imagine. The standard clio 172/182 and 197 ecu has recently been cracked by scoff at efi parts. He also does a piggy back module for turbo charging.