Post Thanks / Like

Kangoo vans 1.5dci

After hitting a badger last week and a deer on Friday on my way to work and cracking my front bumper ive decided I need to get a van for work instead of destroying my 5 on the country roads! I've been looking at the Kangoo with the 1.5 dci engine, does anyone know of any problems to look out for with these? Also how difficult it is to swap out the turbos?

Committee Member
    Events
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Kangoo vans 1.5dci

I've got the use of a clio 1.5dci 80. It's brilliant. It'll do 70mpg if taken steady and is nippy enough.
    I've also had use of a dci kangoo. It was just as good but the gearing was different in the van meaning it was revving higher at speed. Otherwise, bloody brilliant.

Problems...? Injectors are common as is the diesel pump breaking down internally. Some of the injector faults can be attributed to particles of broken diesel pump getting in.

Turbos from the clio 100dci would fit as would the injectors. Remaps can net around 120bhp before clutches give in.

Good vans, very car like.

Hope that's of some help

Ross

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Kangoo vans 1.5dci

Spot on cheers, I've just bought an 07 Kangoo van for work, needs a turbo but seems tidy. I'm a bit confused over the engine HP, the book says 68hp, but when buying all the oil drain pipes,EGR parts and turbo they all come from the 106hp engine, and the van has an intercooler? From what I've read the lower HP engines don't have an IC as standard....odd?

Desperate to get it on the road now, so I can get the 5 on the ramp for some much needed work, and to relieve it of its daily use duties!