Post Thanks / Like

Replacement hoses

Can anyone recommend some replacement silicone or similar hoses. Would look to replace the whole lot with new red ones preferably, to smarten up the engine bay a bit more...

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Replacement hoses

EBay seems to be the place of choice although quality can vary. The best are still the Samcos. Good fit and half decent bleed screws.

Post Thanks / Like

Whats the best price anyone has bought a complete set of Samco hoses for recently?

My Samcos are quite worn,some of them anyway,bought the set 8 years ago done ok.

Likes buzza1982 liked this post

East Midlands Area Rep Mr Raider's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Samco or SFS are the tried and tested silicone hoses. CGB supply silicone hoses for the R5GTT that look ok and are probably reasonable quality.

Also, if you look on ebay there are a fair few companies supplying chinese silicone hoses for the R5GTT however unsure of fitment/quality although seem cheap.

You thinking of buying a full set? Careful of the waterpump to degass chamber hose and top rad hose as these have bleed nipple and cheap versions may break/leak.

Post Thanks / Like

With these nasty bleed valves, is it possible to buy new brass screws from Renault still and swap them in? Or are the valve bodies also naff? Or a different thread/pitch?

Back in the day Renault went from using brass screws in the early R5 run to plastic versions which were prone to splitting. The scrapyards were full of the old style and cost a few pence. Made a big difference.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Trevhib View Post
    With these nasty bleed valves, is it possible to buy new brass screws from Renault still and swap them in? Or are the valve bodies also naff? Or a different thread/pitch?

Back in the day Renault went from using brass screws in the early R5 run to plastic versions which were prone to splitting. The scrapyards were full of the old style and cost a few pence. Made a big difference.
    I have brass ones and they fit fine.

Also i see Samco do a Classic hose range,i think if i got another set it would be that all in more original black,they look the part
    Likes Turbox liked this post