Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Side Skirt Clips! Help! Urgent!

I agree with Julian, I think there ought to be a 'small' return to the club per set after costs. The club needs to profit marginally from its activities in order to stay alive and continue to provide these kinds of benefits to members.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

i absolutely agree. people put the time and effort to keeping the site and club alive (thank you all) it only seems right that services and club parts buying should be sustainable, this can only be achieved if there are margarines of profit in these services .the more finances available the more benefit to the club and its member .

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Great work from all involved. I'll keep an eye on the shop.

Committee, Treasurer, Memberships admin Ian S's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfoot View Post
    There's lots of parts going out of stock, thought these had gone out of stock a while ago. Thinking we need to buy stock which is still available but quite a common used item. Plus you get some items like boost hose strap going up in price on eBay, they are only couple of quid each if still available, CGB got them at £15 now
    What's needed then is a list of the parts that RTOC should buy from what is still available, how many of each part.

Difficult to make an accurate estimation of what, and how many, over what time scale, would be desirable to have in stock.

Is Mike still in the game?

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

£529 for 20 sets delivered, £26.45 a set. That works out at £27.59 a set to cover PayPal fees. Need to add getting the other lot purchased over as well and different postage costs getting them from France with lower amount. Maybe £29
    Dale, that seems very reasonable mate tbh.

Don't forget post to buyer will be a few quid. I don't think £40 a set delivered is a bad price.

I won't comment on the non member price as I think they're all get swallowed up by members anyway!

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

People need to remember, if you don't need them, don't buy them and they're be available to anyone when the time comes..

They do fk all good sitting in people's stashes and if everyone goes mad for no reason, they'll all be up for £200 a set in a few weeks.

I 100% see most sets going to people that don't need them and just have £40 to burn.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FlashbangGtt View Post
    People need to remember, if you don't need them, don't buy them and they're be available to anyone when the time comes..

They do fk all good sitting in people's stashes and if everyone goes mad for no reason, they'll all be up for £200 a set in a few weeks.

I 100% see most sets going to people that don't need them and just have £40 to burn.
    I guess that's why RTOC are trying to source these things and sell them fairly. Its to try and keep our members away from the greedy lot on social media and other clubs. The more members we have the more we can all pull together, the better for the cars and the members.

Shame we got accused of monopolising parts recently which could not be further from the truth selling at cost or even at a loss!

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Cole View Post
    I guess that's why RTOC are trying to source these things and sell them fairly. Its to try and keep our members away from the greedy lot on social media and other clubs. The more members we have the more we can all pull together, the better for the cars and the members.

Shame we got accused of monopolising parts recently which could not be further from the truth selling at cost or even at a loss!
    I'm all for a fair price, nothing worse than some innocent coming along and offering a £200 item for a quid without knowing its valued, with no one kind enough to educate them.

That said I don't like the bumping, hoarding culture, it makes things worse..

The I did read those comments and I've never heard so much bullsh1t, the main gobsh1te really should go drown in some pi55.

Post Thanks / Like

On the flip side

If parts don't sell, then Manufactors don't continue to make them as there's no profit in stock that don't sell.

Us or people buying stock helps more at keep Manufactors making the parts.

Remember half of the R5's live in the garage 8 out of 12 months of the year so the replacement parts demand is low.

Committee, Treasurer, Memberships admin Ian S's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

According to howmanyareleft, more like 6.5 out 10 stay in the garage in the winter SORN'd, with that changing to maybe 6 out of 10 in the summer months.

Committee, Shop Manager, SE Regional Rep Bigfoot's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

They have arrived, will take picture tonight. 20 sets so far and more to arrive later on which hopefully be end of week or beginning of next.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

I see they're in the shop now, I'd like to purchase a set but £999.00 is a bit much

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by clarky_gtt View Post
    I see they're in the shop now, I'd like to purchase a set but £999.00 is a bit much
    go on Clarky you could set a record!

Post Thanks / Like

This is the price, read and weep. RTOC has to survive somehow.

Post Thanks / Like

The rear side windows fixings would be another good thing to source in, their gone from £18 a set to £75 now I see.

Are these now NLA?

Post Thanks / Like

They were a lot less than that from Renault. Problem being is what items do we buy up loads of stock from Renault before it goes out of stock I guess. I'll have a look through parts listing and create a list and ask opinions of worth getting in for the shop and enough to keep just in case they go out of stock

Post Thanks / Like

They were a lot less than that from Renault. Problem being is what items do we buy up loads of stock from Renault before it goes out of stock I guess. I'll have a look through parts listing and create a list and ask opinions of worth getting in for the shop and enough to keep just in case they go out of stock
    Exactly!!! if its something people think they need and price is sensible versus it going out of stock then its worth it

Received my clips today,tip top

Post Thanks / Like

East Midlands Area Rep Mr Raider's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Received my set of side skirt clips today, big thanks and top work Dale

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Dale, thanks for sending mine, but I asked you to keep hold of them til the rivets were in the shop and send together!

Post Thanks / Like

Rivets been in shop for ages. I try and keep on top of posting out. Need to put carb bits on soon