Post Thanks / Like

BMW i8 New Car Detail

This car (spaceship) received a new car protection detail to help keep it looking it's best. The car is 2 months old and hasn't been washed since the dealer prep, but it's hardly seen the road.
    The dealer prep was pretty good on this. The majority of new cars coming through have been dreadful so this was a refreshing change. But there's always room for improvement

The car was washed using ONR and spot checked to see if it needed a fallout remover, which it didn't. A small number of tar spots were treated carefully before spot claying the car.
    The paintwork was cleaned using AF Rejuvenate on a light polishing pad.

It's a shame you can't see the carbon weave there.

Then glazed using Ultra Glaze on a finishing pad for some extra gloss.

The wheels were waxed with Mint Rims.

The interior was dusted off using AF Total.

The door shuts were cleaned with Finale which will leave a little bit of protection behind. The car lives in a garage and won't go out in the wet.

The tyres were dressed and the glass cleaned, polished and sealed.

The car was waxed with 2 layers of Desire and 1 layer of Illusion.

I'm terrible at photographing whit cars under bright light, but here it is outside in the sun

Thanks for reading!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: BMW i8 New Car Detail

Still not 100% if I like the i8 or not. Always hard to get any depth in white. What is the Mint rims like? My Poorboys is past it's best methinks.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: BMW i8 New Car Detail

I love them Especially after being taken out in it. It's unreal for a 1.5!
    I think they look so futuristic and exactly how I'd design a silly car when I was a kid

I get on great with Mint Rims. I used to use the Poorboy's sealant many moons ago and it was okay. It only lasted around a month at best. Mint Rims will keep protecting for an easy 4 or 5 month. It's extremely easy to use, spread a nice thin layer over the wheel and it's ready to remove straight away.
    Give it a try, you'll be impressed.