Post Thanks / Like

MSD Ignition

I can get my hands on one of these. The model is MSD 6-BTM. Is it worth putting it on a five? Can get it for 250 quids brand new...

http://www.msdignition.com/Products/...ng_Master.aspx

Post Thanks / Like

Re: MSD Ignition

Nobody had any experience with something like this

Think that is a lot easier to adjust than water injection and does the same thing (prevents detonations) but in other way.
    Last edited by jure; 26-01-2009 at 11:21.

Post Thanks / Like

There was a lad selling a car on ebay that he then broke up on ebay,that had msd ignition on it,pretty sure the lad was from stoke & europarts done the work on it.

not much help i know,maybe send ian (ex europarts) a pm & ask if he knows anything?

Post Thanks / Like

I know that Gianni Santi has same one on his car. It won't be problem to set it up on rollers. I was just wondering is it worth of hassle... Think that I will go for it.

Post Thanks / Like

I would have thought using megajolt system would be cheaper and better suited with the 3D map, Triggerwheels.com sell them but there may be cheaper places...

East Midlands Regional Rep Os8472's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

My bro has a triamph spitfire 1500 and managed to get 1 of those setups in a box of bits he bought at an auto jumble, he was gunna fit but before he did he went on the own clubs and asked around, everyone on there that had used it said it was completely rubbish and not worth the money

Post Thanks / Like

There's been a few discussions about these on the GTiR forum, with regards to spark problems at high boost levels. They've never had great reviews from anyone.

Post Thanks / Like

american crap you say... Hmmmm... Don't wanna be the first GTT owner that was disappointed with it.

Post Thanks / Like

Is there big gains from replacing the dizzy and AEI with something such as a megajolt then?

efi-parts.co.uk
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tiff_lee View Post
    Is there big gains from replacing the dizzy and AEI with something such as a megajolt then?
    not in terms of outright performance, the standard ignition map up on load is fine for most people which is why very few move away from it. if you are after increasing the responce of the engine at lower rpm's and loads then mappable ignition might be for you. the standard map is pretty flat down there and has a big hole in it right where the standard turbo would spool making the car feel pretty flat at 2-2.5krpm on the standard renix.

Post Thanks / Like

I could say that I'm completely handicapped reading SA engine management since do not know what each module is capable of. Still, I know how to read ignition maps and what are people striving to archive and my question is, Scoff, what can be done with standard RE209 regarding ignition map? Is it even possible to do some software/hardware modifications?