Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Full respray 608 Tungsten (Grey 50 shades of grey!!!!)

So just had my tailgate done and I am so impressed by the spray job I am now going to get a full respray.The match is close but it's noticeable a little that's my excuse anyway to get this done.
    So they spay guys did say that it was very hard for them to get it matched and the orginal codes where no where close. Hmmm so now it dose not matter I guess.
    I want to just make sure before I get this done.

Colour code 608 Tungsten Grey
    Been reading about 7 different shades!!! Witch one is the best then? and what is the code for this.
    And is the hole car done in the same colour as I noticed on many including my own the back bumper seems darker. And what colour are the wing mirror plastic panels on a Tungsten Grey
    Black or Tungsten Grey
    I want this to be as close to the original as possible.
    Thanks guys

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Full respray 608 Tungsten (Grey 50 shades of grey!!!!)

Only 3 as far as I know. Ones a lighter shade, one is abit greener and the last one is darker with a sort of blue tinge to it

Post Thanks / Like

I'm with Jamie on this, there are the lighter greys, the greener greys and the darker greys. The darker greys have always looked the best IMO. I don't know which codes go with which shades though.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

So can any one confirm the colour code for the darker grey?
    And most important is this hole car in the same colour tungsten grey? or is the rear bumper and any other panels, mirror cover in any other different code for the original look?
    I only ask as from the 2 I have had and others the rear bumper looks darker and I want to get it right
    Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

I got mine done in the darkest tungy can't remember the code though so no I help sorry.
    As far as I know it will all be the same colour , I had my wing mirror holder bits sprayed too , think they wasnt originally?

Post Thanks / Like

Surely the paintshop has colour swatches showing the different shades that you can compare and go with the one that looks darkest and least green?

To answer your other question, Renault painted the GTTs in a single colour all over. They didn't have different shades of tungy for the mirrors vs the tailgate or anything like that.

Wing mirror mounts were unpainted from the factory. They were just a dark grey plastic (that fades to light grey in the sun over time, hence some people painting them the body colour). I've never been able to make my mind up whether painted mirror mounts are better or not.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello thanks for the reply, so i will get it done in the darkest grey with the wing mirrors done the same. Your deffo sure on the rear bumper not being a darker colour to the rest as this on all the pictures I have seen looks so different to the tailgate ect.
    Thanks all

Post Thanks / Like

Sig, you do have a phase 2 car, not a phase 1 right?

You can see here on this standard phase 2 that the tungy grey is the same all over:

If the bumper appears darker, it's only due to the light.

This is different to the phase 1 of course, which has unpainted bumpers:

Post Thanks / Like

And here you can (just about) see how the wing mirror is painted but the mirror mounting is not:

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi mate I work in a bodyshop and have just done my 5 turbo this colour, I did mine in what's known as " standard " which is straight 608 and not a variant shade, variant shades are there for painters to match cars which have been painted or faded etc and as for the bumpers they quite often look different, take a look at a silver car they are normally the worst the bumper hardly ever looks the same colour as the rest of the car things like mondeos show this perfectly
    Hope this helps

Post Thanks / Like

Cool.

So, assuming you are having your whole car resprayed and go to a paint shop, do they have for example a Renault 608 swatch and a number of shades on that swatch so you can pick your desired shade?

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah they would have a chip for at least standard and they should have variants as well, but how many variants will depend on the paint manufacturers they have there for example spies hecker, standox, DuPont etc

Post Thanks / Like

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello
    Thanks for the help all.
    Yes mine is a phase 2
    Just to me on the 2 GT5 I have had and all the pictures I have seen online it looks so different on the rear bumper.Must be the light and my eyes I am still not convinced
    So will get it all sprayed the same 608 Tungsten grey I will ask for shade samples and pick the one I like if the original dose not look all that.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Post Thanks / Like

yep, it's just the light or your eyes

Post Thanks / Like

When i got mine sprayed the paint supplier had 4 different shades of the Tungsten 608 paint code on their colour chips. A lighter grey one, bluey grey, greeny grey and a darker grey one.