Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

boostin

Picked my 5 back up lastnite for round 2 of tryin to seal this sump. Driving back i was seein how new boost gauge is. Its a new turbo t2/25 fitted with dob of paint on actuater threads.it only went to 0.5 bar on gauge.at just under 5k revs..what is standard boost pressure?.. How do you test for boost leaks? Does actuater need screwin out?...not clued up on this.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: boostin

Thats just over 7 psi.Check the pre-load on the actuator,at a guess it will be set to minimum.If so,shorten the rod by a couple of turns and road test.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks mate..so just slacken screw and turn in...il try that when sump gets back together

Post Thanks / Like

Thats it.If your running minimum preload and making 7psi then the spring in the actuator is a weak one so dont go putting too much preload on.If for instance you plan on running say 18 psi then you will need another actuator or a bleed valve.Personally bleed valves are pants so i wouldnt go down that route.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Tell u truth i think its original 1 refurb..sent old turbo to cr turbo. Actuater looks like been blasted and painted. What type actuater do i need..is it -31 type?