Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Alloy radiator

Hello,

anyone have one of this? Looks OK, not sure will the oil pips fit...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2715698678...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Thanks,
    M

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Alloy radiator

Post Thanks / Like

If they didn't fit you'd certainly be able to send it back as 'unfit for purpose' as they state clearly that this is designed for the GT Turbo and the oil cooler connections seem to be there. You could call/email the company?

Post Thanks / Like

I got one of these. the turbo oil cooler connections do not fit. wrong thread insert they have used. I contacted the company and thy advised me that it is for the gtt, I sent photos over claiming that it obviously dose not. they said that it could not be returned as it had been fitted so after a few emails later they said the best they could do was offer to pay half the money for a fabricator to 'adjust' it to fit. it would cost more to modifiy than the cost of the supposed 'gtt radiator' to fit the gtt so I had to buy external oil cooler and blank the unions off. so a negative feed back was left my advice is just to buy from a reputable place so you can return ect. and you know your getting the real radiator for the correct motor., happy hunting

Post Thanks / Like

Good info

My advice would be to contact the company, quote Wilton's experience and ask if they've since altered their fittings for the oil cooler. They must know it's not right by now from other people.

You could then ask what the fitting size actually is and check it with yours. If it's different, let them know and tell them you're not going ahead because of this issue.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Ill try to get some detiled picts from seller...
    Is it posible to get some adaptors?

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

The seller say that he had no problems reported on the oil pipes conections

Post Thanks / Like

If it was the same seller that Wilton used and Wilton was using the standard oil lines/connectors, then surely he's not telling the truth?

Post Thanks / Like

If you're in Slovenia, do you not have better access to an OEM Valeo radiator?
    There are loads of sellers on the continent that still see the UK as not part of
    the EU. Saves all the hassle arguing with an eBay seller over something that
    might, or might not, fit...

Regards,
    Steve

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wilton_warrior View Post
    I got one of these. the turbo oil cooler connections do not fit. wrong thread insert they have used. I contacted the company and thy advised me that it is for the gtt, I sent photos over claiming that it obviously dose not. they said that it could not be returned as it had been fitted so after a few emails later they said the best they could do was offer to pay half the money for a fabricator to 'adjust' it to fit. it would cost more to modifiy than the cost of the supposed 'gtt radiator' to fit the gtt so I had to buy external oil cooler and blank the unions off. so a negative feed back was left my advice is just to buy from a reputable place so you can return ect. and you know your getting the real radiator for the correct motor., happy hunting
    I may be able to sort it out for you. Just send me some pics of the problems and I'll let you know what I can do.

Post Thanks / Like

The radiator is off the car in the barn now. Chosen f7p route now. Now on i never buy ebay upgrade style parts for the 5 or any vehicle i get :-(

Post Thanks / Like

It's definitely a risk when using some of these Chinese companies, but my experiences have been mostly good. I did order a silicone hose set and got a duplication of two hoses and was short of another two. All efforts to contact them fell on deaf ears. On the plus side, The hoses have performed reasonable well. I did have a leak around the Main Coolant Hose Bleed Screw Housing, an easy fix, but still not great.

All the above said, I have also had issues with so called 'reputable' companies. M.E.D. springs to mind. Parts never received, no refund given!