Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

carb jets

any recommendations of where to purchase 130 main jet, .90 a/c jet and 100 a/c jet, also 1.3 2nd stage

Post Thanks / Like

Re: carb jets

Gt turbo spares.co.uk
    Or just make your own with micro drill bits, solider the jets and re-drill, the second stage jet is fixed in the carb and cannot be removed drill instu.

Committee Member
    Social Media
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by evogill View Post
    any recommendations of where to purchase 130 main jet, .90 a/c jet and 100 a/c jet, also 1.3 2nd stage
    Don't bother with a 130 main simon. Just drill second stage, if still lean at desired boost, start and lower the a/c jet.

What boost are you wanting to run? What's your spec? Engine? Turbo? Intercooler?

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

t2/25 turbo, k tec double breadbin, 270 cam, been told 1.6 bar is enough , for running safely, carb im rebuilding has 125 1st stage and 125 a/c, don't know main or 2nd stage yet, the new carb, (was planning to take off and save,spare..) I got states m120, a120, en.95..whats en? iv been told to change 2nd stage to 130, lower ac and 1st stage and go from there, just trying to find out who sells the 2nd stage and a/c jets

Committee Member
    Social Media
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by evogill View Post
    t2/25 turbo, k tec double breadbin, 270 cam, been told 1.6 bar is enough , for running safely, carb im rebuilding has 125 1st stage and 125 a/c, don't know main or 2nd stage yet, the new carb, (was planning to take off and save,spare..) I got states m120, a120, en.95..whats en? iv been told to change 2nd stage to 130, lower ac and 1st stage and go from there, just trying to find out who sells the 2nd stage and a/c jets
    Ok dude, I'm unsure of what the numbers are on your new carb I'm afraid. Possibly, m120 is main jet size. A120 is air corrector size and en.95 is enrichment (second stage)

I usually just measure the jets myself with some micro drill bits.

Yeh as stated above, gt turbo spares sell the a/c jets but the 2nd stage you need to enlarge yourself with some micro drill bits

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Just ordered some drill bits..im tryin to understand about what your supposed to do at modifiying them. Spoke to johnathan smith other day and looked in arcives on here..this is what i understand to do..drill 2nd stage to 1.3 and put a/c to 1.0 1st stage is 1.25..dont know what main jet size is yet. But then i see things as dont do that...soo different on people recomend.

Post Thanks / Like

What people recommend (in terms of specific jet sizes), is always different because each car and carb requires a unique setup I'm afraid. You're going the right way about it though

Committee, NW Regional Rep Alex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

1.6 bar is quite a lot of boost

1st I would hook up an AFR gauge and drill the 2nd stage bush to a max of 1.4mm and check the AFR.

If you can't get the AFR decent with that, drop the A/C to 1.00 and re-check the AFR again. You can drop the A/C down to 0.9mm if you need to. I found my car was horrible with a 0.9 on though.

If you still need more fuel start with a 1.25 main jet and increase if needs be.

If you find the AFR going suddenly lean @ WOT you might need a larger needle jet.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks lads much appreciated. Yes.runnin afr gauge.just wanted to set up roughly the carb im re buildin.so im not takin it on and off constantly..just spoke to marky mark. He said drill to 2nd stage to 1.2 and leave everything and try that...been seeing drill to 1.3 alot. Just tryin to understand these things...thanks again

Post Thanks / Like

Start by taking the 2nd stage bush out to 1.2mm.If you need more fuel,take it out to 1.3mm.If you can supply enough additional fuel with the 2nd stage,then thats how to do it.Dont touch any other jets until you have taken the 2nd stage to a maximum of 1.3-1.4mm.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

brill, thanks mate, I asked chris porter what you had done with his, tar