Post Thanks / Like

Turbosmart eBoost Controller

New poster! (less than 10 posts)

G'day All.

Does anybody have a Turbosmart Boost Controller working on their GT Turbo? I'm having trouble with the RPM signal. The controller doesn't like the signal and the gauge just reads all kinds of random numbers. Has anyone got a fix for this?

Cheers

Tambo

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Turbosmart eBoost Controller

I know a few have but not myself. Which version is it matey? Also be carefull where you plum the bleed into. The AEI line is not good as it adjusts the timing.

What boost are you planning to run? Also is the fuel in Australia any good these days as it used to be gash.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Matt

I have the eBoost 2 (V3.1). I had it plumbed in and working (except for the revs). I have taken the bleed from the carb top not the AEI. All seemed to be running ok.

Not sure how much boost i'll be running, as high as the fuelling will take probably (20-25psi with the GT Tuning Group A carb body) :-) I have a 1-bar actuator, so that's my minimum at the moment. I also have a Greddy Rebic 3 and simulator if i want to add and control an injector at a later date, if i decide to go down that route.

Fuel in Australia is available in 92, 95 and 98 octane, so all good now. BP and Shell both sell there premium fuel here.

Cheers

Post Thanks / Like

Scott,

Sounds like your going the right way. The injector would give you two safe boost settings ie run 1 setting on the carb to a pre set boost level say 18psi and then high boost with the injector. There used to be a controller (ms2 ) that could crudely control the injector. Not sure if still available.

Sounds like your going the right way. The injector would give you two safe boost settings ie run 1 setting on the carb to a pre set boost level say 18psi and then high boost with the injector. There used to be a controller (ms2 ) that could crudely control the injector. Not sure if still available.

As for the rpm signal, you may need to clean this up as I know it's not the most reliable with any aftermarket electronics. Speak with scoff at EFI PARTS. He is the wizard with bits of electronics.

As for the rpm signal, you may need to clean this up as I know it's not the most reliable with any aftermarket electronics. Speak with scoff at EFI PARTS. He is the wizard with bits of electronics.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Matt, Cheers for your help. I'll get onto Scoff and he can add my enquiry to his massive list of other ;-) haha.

I have heard of the MS2, but the Greddy Rebic is a much better bit of kit. Rare as now. It allows the injector to be controlled by boost and rpm, and the simulator allows you to test this without having to run the car.

First things first though, i just want the car set up correctly to the current carb settings. Car has been off the road for about 15 years now, so time to get her running ;-)