Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

samb5 AVOID AVOID AVOID

well after responding to his classifieds advert for some wossner pistons k_tec steel liners and total seal rings i struck the deal £420 i was to pay so paid via paypal all good i thought. after two days i sent him a pm asking him if he has a tracking number and he says they were sent via std mail which of course is un trackable. i have now waited 12 days, the parts are lost. i have asked for the reciept and he says his girlfriend has lost it. this is no good. i asked if he would refund me the money and he says he willing to take half responsibility so will refund half. there is no way i am accepting this so i will be making the claim back through paypal. im not happy also knowing he has sold goods to people which total up to more than he owes me so why not pay the money back to me. i have also read other comments regarding this member so i think mabe the commitee should step in now i will be making miller and co aware of the sitution.

IM VERY ANGRY BUT MOST OF ALL DISSAPOINTED.

Non-member Penfold aka The Dealer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: samb5 AVOID AVOID AVOID

Dont sound good Richie,

Did Samb Agree to send recorded/Special delivery? Did you ask for it to be recorded?

If not legally nothing can be done... I think so anyway.

I feel for you mate, i really do.

Samb should have had the sense to send something so valuable special delivery as recorded delivery is only upto the value of around £32...

Post Thanks / Like

that all very disappointing.

Nice to see that the feedback board is so successful

Post Thanks / Like

i do hope it all turns up, fill in a lost report at post office, i had a std parcel go missing for a month, then it turned up back at my door. sorry to hear this though. i have bought a few items off you richie and they arrived quickly so your not a scammer.

Post Thanks / Like

Hopefully Samb put a senders address on the items...

Post Thanks / Like

Isn't he online now??? SPEAK UP YOUNG MAN!!! well he was!!! isn't it irritating when you know the person is reading the messages and doing nowt....hope you sort it fella

South East Regional Rep soapymech's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MR TURBO View Post
    Isn't he online now??? SPEAK UP YOUNG MAN!!! well he was!!! isn't it irritating when you know the person is reading the messages and doing nowt....hope you sort it fella
    and there was me thinking wooden spoon mr turbo. but you were bang on

Post Thanks / Like

Quite honestly anyone who sends something valuable without record delivery or special parcel etc deserves this to happen.

Samb5 you surely have a post office reciept showing Richies postcode and the amount you paid for sending the parcel. it will also show the weight of the item sent.

I get given one of these everyday when i send stuff for work.

Paypal should refund Richies money. Then They take ScamB to court.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Cooke View Post
    that all very disappointing.

Nice to see that the feedback board is so successful

exactly what i was thinking

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kenobi View Post

Paypal should refund Richies money. Then They take ScamB to court.
    Paypal will give it all back as they claim it back from SamB if he hasn't got enough.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Markey Mark (BD) View Post
    Paypal will give it all back as they claim it back from SamB if he hasn't got enough.
    Well lets hope he hasn't already withdrawn all the money from his account because there is little paypal can do if he has.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tiff_lee View Post
    Well lets hope he hasn't already withdrawn all the money from his account because there is little paypal can do if he has.

it takes 4-5 working days to withdraw the money to bank account .
    but paypal still should pay up the buyer .

Post Thanks / Like

What they should and actually do isn't the same, I was ripped off a few years ago with a £200+ item seller had no funds in his account so even though I won the claim I got nothing, not very encouraging I know.

Post Thanks / Like

The post office he sent it through will keep a record of the parcel being sent if it was recorded.

Get on it Samb, no excuses.

Post Thanks / Like

See if the committee had stepped in when samb5 ripped off ross99 then this would'nt have happened!!!!!!

instead ross99 got booted out of the club!!!

unreal!

i hope it get's sorted richie.

pm back for you

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the commitee need to have a meeting about how the classifieds work as this seems to be happening alot at the moment.

Does anybody have any ideas on how we can stop this ?

South East Regional Rep soapymech's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Beardo View Post
    I think the commitee need to have a meeting about how the classifieds work as this seems to be happening alot at the moment.

Does anybody have any ideas on how we can stop this ?
    get them to put up the special delivery tracker number on the club?

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soapymech View Post
    Good idea , that way everybody can view the process of where the item at anytime !

Post Thanks / Like

how about the buyer sends me the cash, the seller sends the item to the buyer, and once everyone is happy I give the seller the cash. In the case of a dispute the cash is mine

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nayls View Post
    See if the committee had stepped in when samb5 ripped off ross99 then this would'nt have happened!!!!!!

instead ross99 got booted out of the club!!!

unreal!

he is as well WTF !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Ross99 was booted out of the club for breaching the club rules when it came to threatening club members, wernt just Samb he threatened.

The attitude of that member was not a good one.

As for the committee stepping in to stop things like this? Well all we can really do is delete the classifieds?

We dont know the members, we cant vet the members, we cant make the classifieds legal binding... look at ebay, how many people get conned on there? Paypal can claim back the money from Samb but if he has insuffient funds in his bank there is sweet F.A they can/will do!

I feel for richie i really do, the committee have set up a positive and negative feedback section on the classifieds, so now if people by from Samb after reading this then thats there gamble.

The only way you know your going to get your goods is to make sure you collect the item's and pay for it at the time of purchase.

I have made the committee aware of this situation but in reality there is very little we can do.

Apart from get in contact with Samb and ask him to refund the money....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soapymech View Post
    Fail! Ok if you read the 1st post of this thread you will see that Samb claimed to have sent the parcel normal delivery... so no tracking number...

Also Samb Claimed to have lost the reciept of the parcel at the post office... so no Ref number or anything...

It is down to the Seller or buyer to state that the goods are either going to be sent 1st/2nd class or whether or not the goods are going to be sent via Recorded/Special Delivery or via Courier...

This is purely down to Samb not sending the items via recorded/special delivery, but then again if he never stated the method of how things are going to be sent and Richie never asked, what can the club do?

Now the problem for the club to take any action is we wouldnt know they if the following had happened

Option 1 "What if Samb Took Richie's money, wrapped up the items, gave them to his miss's to post, she went to the post office and paid for the them to be sent 1st class and lost the reciept....

Its not there fault that the Royal Mail lost the items.... Its not there fault that it was not discussed about recorded delivery...

They did what was required.. they sold the items and took them to the post office, are they responsible for the Royal Mail losing the items? "

Option 2 )Now another Twist could be Richie got the items, Didnt have to sign them, noticed it wasnt recorded or anything and thought "great i can scam SamB" and what if richie has made this all up..... Not saying you have richie i am just trying to prove a point

How can the club enforce any ruling over any off this when the club can not prove anything about if/how the good were sent, or whether the Royal Mail lost the items, or if Richie even recieved the items.

Or option 3)
    Samb Took Richie's money and deicided to say f*ck it i am gonna keep the items and keep the money.

The Club has no way to prove any of these 3 options...

The classifieds has always been used at the responsibilty of the club members and not for the club...

"IMPORTANT
    The items being sold are not the responsibility of the Renault Turbo Owners Club. This facility is provided as a free of charge service and no guarantees are made about any of the items advertised. If you are interested in buying any of the items advertised, please contact the seller directly. The Club does not accept any responsibility for any problems which may occur with any of the items advertised for sale here, nor the accuracy of the text of the advertisements. You are advised to check the items thoroughly before buying. "

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Penfold View Post
    Ross99 was booted out of the club for breaching the club rules when it came to threatening club members, wernt just Samb he threatened.

But his attitude turned for the worse when nothing was done about him being conned!! because nobody believed him! i seen the turbo he was sent,I KNOW it was ****ed!
    My attitude would have been a lot worse if i were in his shoes.

Ross99 has been proved right though has'nt he!

if samb5 had been denied classified rights back then,richie would not have been ripped off.

bottom line is,the club could have prevented this!

Post Thanks / Like

can we not have a Sticky thread stating advice when buying/selling from members? ie always advise special "SIGNED FOR" delivery and for the tracking number to be supplied.

efi-parts.co.uk
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by raj View Post
    can we not have a Sticky thread stating advice when buying/selling from members? ie always advise special "SIGNED FOR" delivery and for the tracking number to be supplied.

there needs to be a "Buyers advice - please read" in the for sale categories and a "Sellers advice - please read" in the wanted categories, all made sticky and noticable at the top.

Post Thanks / Like

what bugs me is all he had to do was ask for the extra for postage mabe i have been stupid in presuming at the age of 25 his brain may have developed some common sence.

i phoned both of the post office branches and the main depot and parcel force as there also part of the group and neither could find the parcel infact the branch couldnt seem to recall it being sent. i wasted 3 hours of my day doing his homework so i can asure you i havnt received the parts i dont like wasting my time.

however samb you offered me a home visit a week ago to look around, so i have your address and i will be popping around

Post Thanks / Like

How much does the parcel that you bought weigh roughly?

if it's over a certain weight they will tell you it has to go as a parcel,they come with free tracking.

The post office will have a record of it.

Post Thanks / Like

i have just got off the phone to royal mail again any parcel over 10 kilos now gets sent via parcel force who is part of the royal mail group. anything weighing 10 kilo or over will have a tracking number as it goes in the parcel force 48 hour deliver. im going to weigh a std set now.

Post Thanks / Like

i doubt a set of even std pistons+liners will weigh 1okgs. i maybe wrong though.?!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by raj View Post
    i doubt a set of even std pistons+liners will weigh 1okgs. i maybe wrong though.?!
    A std liner weighs 1kg pistons dont weight anywere near that much so i doubt it was 10 kg. yet another let off for the crook

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RICHIE View Post
    A std liner weighs 1kg pistons dont weight anywere near that much so i doubt it was 10 kg. yet another let off for the crook
    the thing is, even though it doesnt weigh 10+kgs surely because of the dimensions of the pistons+liners it would still be classed as a parcel..?? i mean..it cant be classed as a letter/envelope can it.

surely some info regarding this would be on there system?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Markey Mark (BD) View Post
    also you wont get the full refund i had a similar problem on a item i bought through ebay (Payed via paypal) and only got back about 2/3rds of the payment

Post Thanks / Like

As for the committee stepping in to stop things like this? Well all we can really do is delete the classifieds?

We dont know the members, we cant vet the members, we cant make the classifieds legal binding... look at ebay, how many people get conned on there? Paypal can claim back the money from Samb but if he has insuffient funds in his bank there is sweet F.A they can/will do!

I feel for richie i really do, the committee have set up a positive and negative feedback section on the classifieds, so now if people by from Samb after reading this then thats there gamble.

The only way you know your going to get your goods is to make sure you collect the item's and pay for it at the time of purchase.

I have made the committee aware of this situation but in reality there is very little we can do.

Apart from get in contact with Samb and ask him to refund the money....
    i dont ever get involved in stuff like this but if someone had just scammed me out of over 400 of my hard earned pannies then hell yes i would be threatening the guy,and no wonder he was kinda angry towards everyone else as he had just been ripped off and felt let down by the club???

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyGee View Post
    i dont ever get involved in stuff like this but if someone had just scammed me out of over 400 of my hard earned pannies then hell yes i would be threatening the guy,and no wonder he was kinda angry towards everyone else as he had just been ripped off and felt let down by the club???

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyGee View Post
    well i have been good by not throwing my weight around as from experience it costs me more than 400 quid in court fines for having a pop at someone this time im boxing clever samb i gave you the chance to rectify it and you obviously not interested i have filled a dispute against you via paypal. members do not buy from him he is bad news you have been warned.

Post Thanks / Like

But his attitude turned for the worse when nothing was done about him being conned!! because nobody believed him! i seen the turbo he was sent,I KNOW it was ****ed!
    My attitude would have been a lot worse if i were in his shoes.

Ross99 has been proved right though has'nt he!

if samb5 had been denied classified rights back then,richie would not have been ripped off.

bottom line is,the club could have prevented this!
    How could the club prevent this??

OK Nayls, i am claiming u sold me a duff turbo... you say it was great condition, i say it was f*cked.... now do u get banned or do i? There is little to no proof when it comes to second hand parts... and 1 persons idea of mint could be another persons idea of scrap.

Richie has had the right attitude, has came on here made his statement about his dealing's with Samb, he has not threaten to break a members window in, nor has he called another person who wasn't even involved a lying w*nker... (which Ross99 did - Hence the committee banning Ross99)

As for Samb, we cant ban him for this atm, as we havent heard from him... I really do hope that the items get to richie, or that Richie gets a full refund.

Samb, If your reading this SORT IT OUT asap!

Post Thanks / Like

The committee is looking into this matter, and is hoping for a fast response.

Post Thanks / Like

OK Nayls, i am claiming u sold me a duff turbo... you say it was great condition, i say it was f*cked.... now do u get banned or do i? There is little to no proof when it comes to second hand parts... and 1 persons idea of mint could be another persons idea of scrap.

Richie has had the right attitude, has came on here made his statement about his dealing's with Samb, he has not threaten to break a members window in, nor has he called another person who wasn't even involved a lying w*nker... (which Ross99 did - Hence the committee banning Ross99)

As for Samb, we cant ban him for this atm, as we havent heard from him... I really do hope that the items get to richie, or that Richie gets a full refund.

i personally think ross should be given a second chance within the club. we all make mistakes in life. if we didnt make mistakes we wouldnt have put erasers on pencils, but its not my desision to make. regarding samb i think his account should be restricted untill he has contacted a member of the commity regarding the situation and let him put his point of view accross because im more than interested in hearing it.

Post Thanks / Like

Chris (Penfold),

Looks like you'll have to continue to spell your points out for the rest of eternity for it finally get into people's heads regarding both Ross and the classifieds. Keep going mate, you might get a result eventually.

This is a crap a scenario for Richie. I hope you manage to get a result one way or another mate.

For those complainers, this is the whole point of the classified feedback section. There will always be someone that has to take a hit for the rest of us to realise not to deal with a seller. The idea is to minimise the impact, the club can't do any more than that. That doesn't help the people who've been hit but that's life unfortunately Of course the benefit of the section is that good sellers garner trust.

Post Thanks / Like

i personally think ross should be given a second chance within the club. we all make mistakes in life. if we didnt make mistakes we wouldnt have put erasers on pencils, but its not my desision to make. regarding samb i think his account should be restricted untill he has contacted a member of the commity regarding the situation and let him put his point of view accross because im more than interested in hearing it.
    I think Ross's ban was temporary mate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Trevhib View Post
    I think Ross's ban was temporary mate.

i think its been upgraded to the red card mate due to some immature comments that were made at the heat of the moment. i dont know ross but it seems a shame to loss a memeber for a moment of madness

Post Thanks / Like

seems a shame to loss a memeber for a moment of madness

Post Thanks / Like

i think its been upgraded to the red card mate due to some immature comments that were made at the heat of the moment. i dont know ross but it seems a shame to loss a memeber for a moment of madness
    hehehe, it wasn't just one moment, he was a nut ball! I quite liked him but he was particularly argumentative. That's ok if there's SOME logic behind it, lol but he often backed it up with physical threats.

Tbh I was expecting to see him back at some point, I didn't realise he was a gone for good.

Post Thanks / Like

Ross99, was given a Lifetime ban, I cant remember the in's and out's of it all but its on the committee section of the Site.

I remember the threatening behaviour was deemed OTT.

The club does not take lightly to banning members, its not something that happens on a regular basis.

There are plenty of membrs who go off the wall, but rarely do the threaten people etc.. We felt that the threats being made were not a good image for the club and that it was totally un-acceptable. (if a non member was reading the threads they may have been put of joining the club - let alone trying to break up a fight at a RTOC event - The club would not want police to be called out or for the club to be turned down for a future events due to the actions of 1 person.

We urged Ross99 to calm down and to try and sort out his issue's with out threatening people... but sadly the response we got was not exactly most people would call reasonable.

Post Thanks / Like

Samb5 should not have been able to have classifieds after the turbo incident!

i see your point in that it's word against word,but samb5 was a new member as was ross but i've been here for a fair few years now & was there when ross opened the parcel.
    maybe im not trusted either then as if i was in a position of control in the club i would have listened to what the long standing member had to say.

example: if joe sent dave a turbo & someone like sparkie/mart was there when dave opened the turbo & said it was ****ed,the club would have believed them & done something.

Post Thanks / Like

i see your point in that it's word against word,but samb5 was a new member as was ross but i've been here for a fair few years now & was there when ross opened the parcel.
    maybe im not trusted either then as if i was in a position of control in the club i would have listened to what the long standing member had to say.

example: if joe sent dave a turbo & someone like sparkie/mart was there when dave opened the turbo & said it was ****ed,the club would have believed them & done something.
    Are you trust worthy Nayls? I don't know. Not to say you aren't, although you never did reply to all the people that offered advice on your av cable thread Would Sparkie or Mart have been able to orgainse a better outcome in your position though? Dunno. Speculation.

Also, what followed was a right old wrangle over what was 'allegedly' offered afterwards to sort it out. Who was right in all that? Dunno. Does anyone?

Post Thanks / Like

Btw, absolutely no offence meant.

Post Thanks / Like

Gary, think you've said enough mate. Glass houses, stones and all that.

Post Thanks / Like

maybe im not trusted either then
    I don't think that is the case at all, the club just has to remain impartial.

Post Thanks / Like

I hope you are trust worthy buddy