Post Thanks / Like

Accelerator cable set up?

Mines snapped ? We're the hell does the spring go on the other side of the firewall...mine just popped off..I've got a new cable n sheath..but the set up is a head scratcher.. With out a drawing to ref off....

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Accelerator cable set up?

I will pay anyone who can fit this accelerator cable ... I'm in westmids help desperate ...

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Cheers mate...where the cable goes through the bulk head..there's rubber bung..then a plastic sleeve which connects to the bung..now it's what goes next I carnt get my head round? Does the spring sit inside the sleeve? when I took it out it I dropped it in the engine bay so I have no idea how it's arranged ha..there seems to be a 10cm piece of plastic with a thread on it and I have no idea where it goes? I'll try n gt a pic up later.

Post Thanks / Like

Ah I see. Yep, get pics up. I can't help but hopefully someone else can.

Some of the full-on rebuild threads come up when searching on 'accelerator cable'. There will be some great pics and info squirrelled away in them but searching out what you need would take a bit of time.

Post Thanks / Like

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  55.4 KB soz for poor pic..is this the order it goes in

Post Thanks / Like

Here is a pic from Mike's GT Turbo spares site from this page: http://www.gt-turbo-spares.co.uk/?page_id=26

Post Thanks / Like

Cheers mate a diagram ha great..working blind at the mo..."

Post Thanks / Like

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 22
Size:  62.9 KB can anyone confirm that this correct? The plastic thread before spring has to be cut down im guessing? to mount the spring? Drove me barmy allwknd this has ha

Committee, NW Regional Rep Alex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure you need that spring/plactic part at all. I don't recall having to fit them when I did mine (ages ago)

Jack the front up and remove the drivers side wheel. Then remove the little platic inner arch part near the copper brake line. You'll then be able to see where the cable exits the footwell.

I think the only thing you'll need is the plastic part on the left in your picture and possibly the 2 round plastic stops at either end. Route the cable into the footwell and hook it on the pedal. Then route it through to the carb/TB. I think I connected mine at the carb end by crimping the copper tube to the cable.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    I'm not sure you need that spring/plactic part at all. I don't recall having to fit them when I did mine (ages ago)

Jack the front up and remove the drivers side wheel. Then remove the little platic inner arch part near the copper brake line. You'll then be able to see where the cable exits the footwell.

I think the only thing you'll need is the plastic part on the left in your picture and possibly the 2 round plastic stops at either end. Route the cable into the footwell and hook it on the pedal. Then route it through to the carb/TB. I think I connected mine at the carb end by crimping the copper tube to the cable.
    Sound ok cheers mate I'll see how I get on then..ther seems a lot of bits in the kit for sumat so simple..I thought that threaded plastic fits inside that sleeve..n cut it back so the spring sits in place secure? I'll try it..