Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

hill climb /sprint guidence ?

New poster! (less than 10 posts)

Hay guys .
    Apologies if this post seems a little naive but its not something im familiar with.I notice theirs a number of sprint/track guys and girls on the site that may well be able to help.
    I'm after assistance in what the best way to get into the game is. A few queries i have are as follows.

It mentions in the hsa guide that you must be a member of a club and also get invited to race .Which clubs suit best for this ?

It also mentions that as a beginner you may use a 1498 forced induction car but i also notice that the rules differ for a modified vehicle? Does this mean as a beginner you can't modify your car?

As regards to being a beginner how does one go about progressing from a beginner is there a coarse that can be taken or is it you have to have a race license for a certain period of time?

Any help on any of the items above or i suspect the items I may of missed would be most appreciated.

Danny
    Last edited by Dan; 10-11-2014 at 15:09.

Committee, NW Regional Rep Alex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: hill climb /sprint guidence ?

Russel T is your man here. You'll need to join a club which you can find by going on the MSA website. And you'll need to apply for an MSA race license I believe. The level of modifications (or not) made to your car will determine what catagory you can enter.

Post Thanks / Like

Take a look at this video on YouTube:

http://youtu.be/OirF458TsOo

Any questions PM me.

Committee Member
    Events
    Post Thanks / Like

Jesus has also started hill climbing. It might be worth dropping him a pm