Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello all

First post!

Hiya folks, I've been creeping for several months now, thought I'd get on with it and introduce myself. I'm Daniel, 30yo, living in the Netherlands. Got an '86 5TL I converted to a GTT several years back. This past summer I also picked up a '90 GTX to use as a daily from now on, I used the turbo as my daily since buying it 12 years ago (it's still my first car).

After running a 1.1 for a couple years I wanted more power, but didn't want to let go of my quirky little 5. Went parts hunting for a few months and ended up having to rebuild the engine before dropping it in. Put around 150000km's on the engine before the head cracked last year, got that done up and now she's back on the road. Picked up the GTX so I could store her away during the salty winters.

Currently a pretty much bog standard standard C1J, 11-12psi, no internal work. 2,5" turbo back, cup mod, re209, silicone ph2 hoses, mocal cooler, Innovate AFR, GAZ coilovers. As for now the GTX is standard, if I hold onto it it'll deffo get some work done.

I picked up a williams F7R a month ago or so, not sure if I want to turbo that and schlep it into the TL...very tempting. Ok actually really really tempting. It needs a rebuild as it is, so I might as well spend the €€ on turboing it..

edit: pics up. Seems I don't have a great deal of fresh shots, didn't do too much to the exterior until recently.

Recently got the hood and roof resprayed & a new windshield put in:

Didn't like the look of K-tecs back box, shot this after getting a custom job done:

Really pleased with the work done on it tbh

Tiny silencer sitting in the spare wheel spot, invisible from behind. Air flow through both pipes is identical at all rpms...sound is phenomenal..I love it.
    Last edited by Daniel_TLT; 09-11-2014 at 12:31.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hello all

Welcome along fella nice to see some more Dutch members if you need help posting pictures send them to me rtocjpracing@Yahoo.co.uk and I will post them up for you

Post Thanks / Like

Oh and an f7r turbo won't disappoint either

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome brother.

Try photobucket if Flickr won't load. Always a fan of some photos.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

New poster! (less than 10 posts)

Thanks for the offers, Flickr was being weird...pics should be visible now

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the site, nice looking 5 you have and you should definitely turbo it

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome matey. Loving the twin pipes! Keep the pics coming