Post Thanks / Like

5GTT - Help needed with carb/fuelling

I'm looking for a garage that I can trust with upping my boost and to tinker with the carb to get the fuelling right. Since purchasing the car (rebuilt engine) Ive been running on 1 bar of pressure, its now done 1100 miles and think its high time I had more power. Willing to travel to the right place of course. Any ideas / recommendations / help around ? I live in Ipswich, Suffolk. Dan

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 5GTT - Help needed with carb/fuelling

Think its fair to say garages that can actually understand the carb are a few and far between.

Do you have an AFR Gauge fitted?

Best bet - local member or local rep.

or

Mike/Tony GT Turbo spares, they offer a full range of services and they are not only great people but VERY knowledgable on R5's - well worth the effort to get the car to them

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Mate. Yes have AFR fitted and am familiar with how they should read on WOT, idle etc. Just a bit clueless after that. Just would like to see how its done, learn a little then move on from there. Poxy car is the apple of my eye and don't want to cock it up

I've tried my luck with Markey B and i'll see what happens there. if nothing there it will be a trip to GTT spares I reckon.

Post Thanks / Like

LOL............I understand, i use to love mine in the same way

Best of luck