Post Thanks / Like

f7p/r cylinder head work

hey all, im still undergoing f7p lump and resto into my wee 5. i got hold of an engine from james5 pal mr nick and has a hill power head made upto williams spec. the work done to it looks amazing. it apear that they no longer kicking about. reason i ask is ive got 2 running 19's and 3 spare ebay f7p's ill rebuild in due time. ( not including the one for the 5 con ) on which id like to get similar headwork done to these to put in the 19's. i see people on valver site have apdevelopments or similar. i know ktec n bbperformance tuning used to do them while back. whos the people for headwork now a days? what sort of head mods are other people running? N/A and turbo. the builds which have been done and or work in progress on here not only given me some inspiration but a decent kick up the aRSe to get back up the barn and crack on with mine, (that means you too blue mackay ) ive gone gt2860rs route, forged internals and still to aquire ecu from chris, then tubular manifold, then remap, aswell as a complete respray lol. however. would it make sence to do full works to the head like megan valves, cat cams pulleys, retainers, springs ect for possible future upgrades to say a bigger turbo ect as many have went big bungalow style size. are these worthwhile mods or not realy required. i know i have a fantastic built head already just always be good to have one on the shelve so to speak and or in on of the "daily" 19's. input would be muchly appreciated cheers people chris

Committee, South East Regional Rep James5's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: f7p/r cylinder head work

Chris, what you got to think of is what you want the car to do for you? fast road, pod, track?? or just a decent every day car, as you say plenty of project's out there that show you what can be done with what mod's and different power, Turbo Ted's aka Robbie's is one of the best as you can see the progress of his engine as he developed from F7p, head, to F7r head for more and more power, I think he only went williams head at around 400bhp (could be wrong). Also check out Arthur's aka Tuutur's thread another good one plenty of pic's and info can't remember is Arthur is on williams or F7p head.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi managed 460hp with the original f7p head at 2 bar but when I changed to f7r standard head no porting made 500hp at 2 bar there's no need for porting really if your doing a turbo conversion as they make plenty of power,hill power where all N/A engines You need to decide what you want the car for,my car is just for drag racing now really not suited for road or track use as its got to much power now for that but got other toys for that.
    Regards robbie

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for your input guys. Im going to use a megane head on the f7p turbo. Aim of my conversion, when i get back on it. Is for fast road. Be happy with 300 ponies just like to have the future mods done

Post Thanks / Like

Port polishing is the last thing to get done on any car setup IMO, as robbie said the heads are good for high power anyways

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, need interpunctions to read that!

Yes the head is capable of making power with a turbo but headwork would benefit though....