Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Realistic pricing?

So on my long search now, almost a year, iv stumbled across a ph2 with 50k on the clock, it has been in storage since 97 but was regularly started etc,it is now fully moted, iv been told the tester used the old cliche " it's like new" underneath, it was cocooned in blankets whilst garaged. The buyer and I are discussing prices, so looking for some input/advice
    Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Realistic pricing?

String, how long? Etc etc. What is good value for some will be ludicrous for others. What is his starting point? 6K?

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

I know it's such a subjective question, and all a matter of opinions really, 6k is the price range, to me this sounds about the right figure, just looking for some reassurance really before taking the plunge,
    It is oe, but have not viewed in person was going to do this week all being good

Post Thanks / Like

IF it is all there and in good condition then I guess 5-6K. It also depends what you are happy to part with, I know a fair few thought I was soft paying five for mine but I was happy with that.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

That was my initial thought. Iv been watching the market over the last year or so and have seen them sell for that but others don't?? Confusion

Post Thanks / Like

If you really want it, up to £6k if it's as good as hoped. That doesn't mean to say you might not be able to get it far cheaper.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

This is interesting coz I've been building mine for the past 4 years,full nut and bolt rebuild job and back to totally standard, I'll be selling it when it's done but I wasn't sure what's a reasonable price for it,are they really worth that much now?.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rob_p6 pug View Post
    This is interesting coz I've been building mine for the past 4 years,full nut and bolt rebuild job and back to totally standard, I'll be selling it when it's done but I wasn't sure what's a reasonable price for it,are they really worth that much now?.
    Ive been keeping an eye on them and the prices do vary drastically. "projects" needing work with no mot seem to be £600->£1500. Ones with MOT and running £2k->£3k. OE ones or ones described as "mint" by the seller (usually garages ive noticed) seem to be trying to ask £5k->£6k. Ive seen a few non OE ones but very clean and a "good" spec, be up for £6.5k. The prices just seem all over the place, and those are just the "asking prices" so who knows if or what they actually sell for.

It all obviously depends on the buyer. If the buyer knows how much it costs to build your own OE one then they would probably see paying £5k for one already done a bargain. I know my project 5 is nowhere near finished and its already standing me at that sort of money and im yet to do anything to the engine or paintwork.