Okay, this isn't a sporty or exotic car, but it shows the difference what can be achieved

I was asked about the best method of removing paint spots that had landed all over this Kuga. It was parked up next to where someone had painted a fence
After describing in detail how to remove it, the job was soon left in my hands

The owner is a genuine car enthusiast and looks after his cars so it was pretty clean to begin with.

Some old polish residue dotted around the car, along with a glimpse of the paint spots.

Nice Focus RS wheels

Onto the cleaning Process.
Wheels, tyres & arches with Imperial, APC and a variety of brushes.
Pre-washed with Valet Pro Citrus
Washed with CG's Citrus Wash & Gloss
Tar removed with Tardis
Fallout removed with Auto Finesse Iron Out

I first tried using a G3 clay mitt for the paint splatter, but it didn't touch it!
This was after using the mitt.

I wanted it all out of the way before I began polishing so out came the Bilt Hamber Regular and some shampoo/water lube. I forgot to take a photo, but it done the trick It even picked up bonded contaminants that the mitt had left.

The car wash fully washed down again, dried up and backed into the garage to tape up ready for polishing.
This has to be the coolest garage I've worked in so far Some nice car memorabilia hung on the walls, plenty of natural light. And cups of coffee on tap :thumb:

Vulnerable areas taped up.

Ambient lighting can be very deceiving...

See what I mean!

I began testing out machine, polish and pad combos. I only had one day so a good cut that finished well was the order of the day.

Finished panel.

Onto the rear door. Top half polished.

Rear Quarter.

So that was the passenger side done

Bacon sandwich down and it was onto the other side.

Wiped down with Eraser.

Tried out a funky 50/50.

That's the end of the polishing shots

The whole car was wiped down with Eraser to remove any oils that might be masking defects (deeper marks were left as I wasn't going for full correction) and any residue that may have been missed.

LSP's of choice, Auto Finesse Desire - Topped with Swissvax Onyx. Amazing combo in my eyes.

All plastics were dressed with Revive.
Wheels sealed with Chemical Guy's Wheel Guard.
Tyres with Meguiar's Endurance.
Glass polished and sealed with G|techniq products - including the massive glass roof.

The finished pictures.

Quite a wet reflection shot.

And outside.

Lots of pictures for this write up

Any comments, fire at will!
Thank you for reading
detailR