Post Thanks / Like

Renault Sport Clio 200 - Silverstone GP

Kicking the detail thread dump off with a Renault, as per Trevor's request

I was asked by a client if I could make their newly purchased Clio look any glossier and add some much needed protection to the paint work.
    I was told it was some kind of Clio Sport... Turned out it was number 38 of only 50 Silverstone GP Edition Clios made.
    It has Cup suspension, big brakes, air-con, super cool seats and some special touches like a black roof, spoiler, wheels, stickers and badges dotted around to let you know it's a little bit special

So the car when I arrived on Sunday morning. Sliver always looks clean enough (please excuse the dirty marks on the left of the photos. I need to take my lens to be cleaned)

As you can see, I had the ISO way too high on the camera this time

The car had a thorough dousing with Valet Pro Citrus Pre-wash. Window rubbers etc were treated to with Envy brushes and APC at 4:1.

The car was rinsed and then Washed with Chemical Guy's Citrus Wash & Gloss at a strong dilution to help take back any dealer prep.

I then pat dried the car, hit it with Tardis. There were quite a few tar spots but I got chatting and didn't take any photos.

Rinsed and went with Wolfs Decon Gel. The owner was extremely impressed with this stage.

Rinsed again and Clayed with Meguiar's clay.

Washed again, dried. Popped in the garage and taped up ready for polishing.
    The owner only wanted a nice gloss and some good protection so I went for a nice refining set.
    Checked over with various lights after an Eraser wipe down and it's now swirl free : one very happy owner.

I should've taken photos during the polishing stages but time (as always) was of the essence.

Protected with Menzerna Powerlock. It looked great but We then topped with a wax. Auto Finesse Temptation was chosen.
    The tyres were dressed with Meg's Endurance.
    Exhausts were wiped down.
    Glass cleaned with Rain-X 2 in 1.

Taken outside for a few.

I know the photos are terrible on this one I have this car booked in for a full correction detail next month (driven too close to a hedge row!) so I will make sure to get better photos this time!

Thank a lot for reading. All comments welcome

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Renault Sport Clio 200 - Silverstone GP

Very nice.