Post Thanks / Like

wiring questions

Im hoping to fit a new amp into the boot of my 5.i havent fitted one before so have got a wiring kit and have looked at the instructions and am quite happy about the install,but just have a couple of questions. Bearing in mind im putting it in the boot , where is the best place for the earthlead to attach?.and whats the best way to run all the new cables through to the back of the car? Do I need to remove a seat and lift the carpet?. Ta

Post Thanks / Like

Re: wiring questions

I'm not too sure on the earth but maybe you can put it in the same place that the rear wiring loom is earthed.... Someone else will probably confirm.

You can run the wires to the boot by carefully unclipping the plastics that run past the bottom of the door and going behind there. (Passenger side probably better) You will need to take the seat belt off and the rear door card so the you can get them through to the boot and keep them well hidden.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: wiring questions

I think I managed to feed my amp wires through/behind everything without having to remove anything but best to do it properly. As Rob says, go down the passenger side behind the plastics

If you can't find a good standard earth point to hook onto, you can make your own earth point almost anywhere you want with a bolt through the body.