Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Bottom End gone?

Couple of weeks ago I bought black G-reg r5gtt as a project that need paintwork respraying and interior parts fitted but got mint engine/box running sweet, no a problem for me as am ex-paint sprayer.

The seller informed me just before I arrange to come and collect the car, he start the car after 6 months, engine sound rough and one of r5gtt members who is mechanic suspect it's the bottom end and will help build it with new shells without needing to take engine out, is it possible to do that?

My local r5gtt members advised me to walk away and get refund but the seller who is respected from Facebook r5gtt group and will not rip off anyone, am in catch 22 situation

Advise will be greatly appreciated

Sean

Committee, South East Regional Rep James5's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bottom End gone?

Quote Originally Posted by sean5gtt View Post
    Couple of weeks ago I bought black G-reg r5gtt as a project that need paintwork respraying and interior parts fitted but got mint engine/box running sweet, no a problem for me as am ex-paint sprayer.

The seller informed me just before I arrange to come and collect the car, he start the car after 6 months, engine sound rough and one of r5gtt members who is mechanic suspect it's the bottom end and will help build it with new shells without needing to take engine out, is it possible to do that?

My local r5gtt members advised me to walk away and get refund but the seller who is respected from Facebook r5gtt group and will not rip off anyone, am in catch 22 situation

Advise will be greatly appreciated

Sean
    Sean,

Yes it is possible it's a case of sump off but then it may need a crank re-grind if scored badly if they open it up you want pictures really of bearing hey remove and the crank aswell, they could put new bearing's in but the crank be scored will last sometime but will go again. Are they saying the cause of failure is the engine has been stood? did they not prime the engine first?,

Whom is the seller?? who is the r5gtt mechanic??

Out of interest how much did you pay for car?

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by James5 View Post
    Sean,

Yes it is possible it's a case of sump off but then it may need a crank re-grind if scored badly if they open it up you want pictures really of bearing hey remove and the crank aswell, they could put new bearing's in but the crank be scored will last sometime but will go again. Are they saying the cause of failure is the engine has been stood? did they not prime the engine first?,

Whom is the seller?? who is the r5gtt mechanic??

Out of interest how much did you pay for car?
    The seller name Dave and he using his son's Facebook profile (Cameron Vyse), not sure the name of mechanic but he's local in (Derby) and know about r5gtts

I paid £650 for running shell minus interior and needing bodywork done for respraying

Sean

Post Thanks / Like

The seller name Dave and he using his son's Facebook profile (Cameron Vyse), not sure the name of mechanic but he's local in (Derby) and know about r5gtts

I paid £650 for running shell minus interior and needing bodywork done for respraying

Sean

I know whom you mean and all the problems I have seen recently on the facebook boards at mo with this person I would step away. Strange how he's using his Son's account aswell all the time also not that I have anything against people in Derby but a few years back there was a rather dodgey seller whom was banned from RTOC many a time for screwing over members user name was Davegtt or something along this lines he kept returning under different alias's.

My advices's get your money back and walk away, if it's a project you are after maybe speak with Mike @ Gtturbo spares on here see what he has if your not scared of bodywork work

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

I know whom you mean and all the problems I have seen recently on the facebook boards at mo with this person I would step away. Strange how he's using his Son's account aswell all the time also not that I have anything against people in Derby but a few years back there was a rather dodgey seller whom was banned from RTOC many a time for screwing over members user name was Davegtt or something along this lines he kept returning under different alias's.

My advices's get your money back and walk away, if it's a project you are after maybe speak with Mike @ Gtturbo spares on here see what he has if your not scared of bodywork work
    Yes I remember that username davegtt but not sure same guy and live in Derby? Anyone here remember him? If it's same guy then I'll walk away and get refund, I paid via PayPal so am protected if he refuse to refund me just in case

Thanks

Sean

Post Thanks / Like

Hey, I'm in Derby, what you sayin'?

Not heard of this fella. Whereabouts is he based?

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Trevhib View Post
    Hey, I'm in Derby, what you sayin'?

Not heard of this fella. Whereabouts is he based?
    He is based at Alfreton, DE55 area, type up Cameron Vsye on Facebook as he is using his son's profile, now that I am thinking, why he using son's and not his fb account?

Sean

Post Thanks / Like

He is based at Alfreton, DE55 area, type up Cameron Vsye on Facebook as he is using his son's profile, now that I am thinking, why he using son's and not his fb account?

Sean

Sean what you have posted with area and post code match the said banned member and his names David.

PM me so we can discuss off the boards as I did alot of looking into the character before the banning.

Post Thanks / Like

If the shells good at £650 id still take the punt.. its so much cheaper to fix an engine on these things than rot. I do recall this guy, i think i sold him an engine yearrrs ago.. or just a bottom end or somthing. was ok to dela with however afterwards i know a few memebrs had dealings and they went badly

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by djinuk View Post
    If the shells good at £650 id still take the punt.. its so much cheaper to fix an engine on these things than rot. I do recall this guy, i think i sold him an engine yearrrs ago.. or just a bottom end or somthing. was ok to dela with however afterwards i know a few memebrs had dealings and they went badly
    If its cash on collection its a different matter as you will have it all

Post Thanks / Like

I doubt its coincidence that he started it and its knocking like feck. For a cheap gtt nobody was buying it so treat it as lots of work needs doing. The whole im using my sons account bollox seems dodgy to me, something to hide.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by djinuk View Post
    I choose a easy project that only require bodywork/painting job with engine/box running sweet or vice versa hence the seller said in his own words on Facebook.

I asked one of local r5gtt mates who went to see him to buy red carpet and front grille, he asked the seller at my request to start the car to hear what the engine are like as I'm deaf and cannot hear, unfortunately the seller told him the battery flat and didn't have any jump leads to start it. It's should ring alarm for me 😕

Post Thanks / Like

Just to update this thread is that the I have had pm's with Sean and the details he has provided match the Banned Davegtt name for name etc...

I hope commitee note this an add his recent details to the commitee boards thread

Post Thanks / Like

Good detective work

Alfreton, miles away from Derby, it's a fair bit closer to Mansfield, and that's well dodgy

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Trevhib View Post
    Good detective work

Alfreton, miles away from Derby, it's a fair bit closer to Mansfield, and that's well dodgy

So for anyone else keep away from Cameron Vyse on Facebook he's not whom he say's he is

Post Thanks / Like

So for anyone else keep away from Cameron Vyse on Facebook he's not whom he say's he is

Just to also add I have found him as a new member on here different surnamce but address the same. I have banned and notified commitee

Post Thanks / Like

The blokes a cnut, I knew that Cameron was dodgy

Committee, NW Regional Rep Alex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I saw some of his posts and alarm bells immediately started ringing for me. He's seemingly using a child's FB account for a start.

As ever, the vast majority of people on here and the other sites are sounds people and enthusiasts. Unfortunately there's always the odd bad egg that spoils it.

Post Thanks / Like

I paid him £33 on July 6th for the tailgate trim that covers the wiper motor. I wondered why he was ignoring my messages! Time to open a case with PayPal. I'm livid!!! Third time I've been ripped off by fellow enthusiasts not sending me items I've paid for. I've lost near £100 this way since January 2013

Post Thanks / Like

Stick with mike (gtturbospares ) sometimes might cost more but you know it's coming. Or stick with the club it's what we pay membership for thankfully iv only delt with gents off here I wouldn't touch FB buys with a barge poll.

Oh and iv always fetched big money items in person.
    Last edited by Nottswoody; 29-07-2014 at 19:01.

Post Thanks / Like

Had dealings with the original daveturbo on rtoc, he certainly pulled some swift and dodgy deals. I bought a shell of him that wasn't as described but all in all was very solid.
    I have also had dealings with Cameron Vyse aka mark aka dave and came to same conclusion that they were all the same person.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 5teve L View Post
    The blokes a cnut, I knew that Cameron was dodgy
    Was only a matter of time before he hung himself, always had the smell of bullsh*t around him and all that buying a car, reporting it stolen was just a joke.

Post Thanks / Like

Just to also add I have found him as a new member on here different surnamce but address the same. I have banned and notified commitee
    I hope the club are keeping his subs

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, was only a matter of time but unfortunately some people are a little to trusting when it comes to clubs :/

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks like ive also been done by this guy as well will teach me for being trusting also went to paypa to start a casel and like an idiot sent it as a gift. If anyone actually knows where this guy lives would love to know what goes around comes around!

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by R5dimmaKnight View Post
    Looks like ive also been done by this guy as well will teach me for being trusting also went to paypa to start a casel and like an idiot sent it as a gift. If anyone actually knows where this guy lives would love to know what goes around comes around!
    I have his home address, I am still waiting for refund from him, he claimed PayPay payment to refund me failed cos he already max up spending limit via PayPal, whatever that's mean?

If no response, am to pay him a visit soon.....

Sean

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thats good to know if you do end up going round might be worth mentioning to him that he may get a few more visits if he doesnt buck up his ideas . I will pm you later about his address as I may need it to pay him a little visit

Post Thanks / Like

If anybody pops round to see him, can you please get my £33 back please? If my part does turn up, I will update here and will take it all back.
    Last edited by Hammer; 31-07-2014 at 13:42.

Post Thanks / Like

Fook it lets arange a meet and a convoy to his house lol

Committee, NW Regional Rep Alex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Be careful what you write/say on here chaps.....

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

I have his home address, I am still waiting for refund from him, he claimed PayPay payment to refund me failed cos he already max up spending limit via PayPal, whatever that's mean?

If no response, am to pay him a visit soon.....

Sean
    Now refund from the seller, now the case closed 👍

Post Thanks / Like

That's good news mate glad you got your money back

Post Thanks / Like

Now refund from the seller, now the case closed ��

Happy you got it sorted

Post Thanks / Like

That **** still owed me money/parts after my dealings with him

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Markey Mark (BD) View Post
    That **** still owed me money/parts after my dealings with him

Mark Sorry to hear that I thought everyone got sorted out last time as it all went quite.

How much ? or what he owe you Mark if you don't mind me asking?

Everytime I hear the location Belper or it's surrounding arear and the name David it just starts setting of alarm bells for me, I had peeps getting done over.

Post Thanks / Like

Mark Sorry to hear that I thought everyone got sorted out last time as it all went quite.

How much ? or what he owe you Mark if you don't mind me asking?

Everytime I hear the location Belper or it's surrounding arear and the name David it just starts setting of alarm bells for me, I had peeps getting done over.
    He owed me some parts still, think it was a backbox but i said not to worry just give me some money back
    Never got anything back, he point blank said he's not paying anymore out and he started blaming a mate

Just a prick

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Markey Mark (BD) View Post
    He owed me some parts still, think it was a backbox but i said not to worry just give me some money back
    Never got anything back, he point blank said he's not paying anymore out and he started blaming a mate

Just a prick

Agree massive gentleman sausage

Hate it when this happen's,

Post Thanks / Like

Agree massive gentleman sausage

Hate it when this happen's,
    Gentleman sausage, lol