Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Up rated rear anti roll bar?

I have got the track bug and want to get my car to go round the twists better.
    A friend of mine has a 205 gti to which he has put a larger diameter anti roll bar in the rear beam, is there such thing for the less agile gt turbo?
    I have already fitted a clio Williams rear beam to give it a little more width plus clio 1.8 16v front wish bones that has made a fair amount of difference but I want more for my little track terror.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Up rated rear anti roll bar?

you need to fit another anti roll bar on the front subframe forget the rear I mean have two anti roll bars the other one going across the subframe under the radiator, you need to contact Russell t on here his track car goes round corners like scalextrix

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Good old boy Ted will do. Wish scalextric made a Gt turbo!

Post Thanks / Like

what you can on the rear axle give it them more camber by heating the stub hubs on the axle with gas and bend them

Post Thanks / Like

Get some Leeda coilovers or other decent adjustables and polly bush everything plus get a trackday pass for your antics only and have fun!

Post Thanks / Like

did you do anything else to fit the clio beam on the 5? direct fit?

Post Thanks / Like

The Clio 16v/Williams Rear Beam is a direct fit and will give a wider rear track. You might have to be careful about wheel offset and clearance once fitted. Only worth doing if you are going to increase the front track too.

You can get uprated rear Torsion Bars, but they're not cheap. A good quality rear Damper is worth it's weight in gold. Adjustable is better than fixed.
    Last edited by Woznaldo; 09-08-2014 at 01:50.

Post Thanks / Like

ah decent cheers woznaldo i getting rear beam from blue. i will do valver front track too and or perhaps the 172 hubs. i have gaz adjustables on the rear of now. never got round to finding the best overall setting for myself. if i remember was there not a guy that could fabricated custom rear hubs of a newer modle to give more camber ect?

Post Thanks / Like

You can get the stub axles from a 172/182 rear beam to fit the GTT/16v/Williams Rear Beam, but it takes a little bit of work. Once done though you can use the same camber/toe shims for adjustment.

Be careful with using the 172 hubs as they use a different spline setup to the GTT/Clio1 (GTT/Clio1 use 21 splines, 172/182 use 23 splines). The 172 hubs are a LOT bigger and heavier too.

The Valver setup would be a good compromise and you could also run the Valver brake setup too. You just need the Caliper Carriers and the 259mm Discs.

Post Thanks / Like

i see the splines arnt an issue as i have 6 speed vag box going in so shafts will be cut n shunt lol. think i will stick with the valver route rear for now. too much fabrication for me on the rears however defo something i shall look into for the future indeed