Post Thanks / Like

Fitting rear spoiler

Hey guys.

Some bugger nicked my spoiler off my 5GTT a few weeks ago. In the process of procuring a new one and getting it sprayed, but was wondering how I attach it? There are still clips and what seems left-over original resin on the boot, so not sure how the new one goes on. Is it a case of just sticking it on, or are clips etc needed?

Cheers.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fitting rear spoiler

Quote Originally Posted by Magsimus View Post
    Hey guys.

Some bugger nicked my spoiler off my 5GTT a few weeks ago. In the process of procuring a new one and getting it sprayed, but was wondering how I attach it? There are still clips and what seems left-over original resin on the boot, so not sure how the new one goes on. Is it a case of just sticking it on, or are clips etc needed?

Cheers.
    Mine had no clips. I just glued it on with some strong stuff not fell off yet after a few years. Or you could use double sided number plate tape but a thin one or it will stick out

Post Thanks / Like

Nice one, cheers mate.

Committee, NW Regional Rep Alex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I used Sikaflex to stick it on. My advise is to fit it first THEN have it painted. They're made of a kind of rubber type material and the paint will crack when you try and fit it!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    I used Sikaflex to stick it on. My advise is to fit it first THEN have it painted. They're made of a kind of rubber type material and the paint will crack when you try and fit it!
    What he said. My paint guy sprayed mine then glued it on and hey presto cracks....

Post Thanks / Like

Only just seen these replies. Thanks for the heads up, chaps.

Fortunately managed to get one already the colour of my car so no respray necessary now. However, will be careful reattaching it.

Cheers.