South West Regional Rep Alastair's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

R5 Rally Car 10k

hi all, a few details below,

no time wasters please. price does not include spares such as alternative gearboxes etc as advertised elsewhere where they are included.

Renault 5 GT Turbo Rally Car.

MSA Log Booked for motorsport, yet equally at home on the open road, fully road legal and will be Tax’d and MoT’d for the winning bidder.

This car regularly out performs many much higher powered cars and is exceptionally balanced, and generates very high cornering speeds. It is relatively easy to drive with low lag, power steering and a very quick rack and EFi giving good throttle response and has a very high power to weight ratio.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3gjbULtIX8

The car has had a total bare shell rebuild, and has evolved into one of the most capable R5 GT Turbo motorsport cars in Europe, and is well know for class trophies, and hill class records. Every component fitted was new or fully reconditioned. All metalwork was etch primed and enamelled. The pictures show the car in various configurations, please come and view or ask me and I can send hundreds more, and video links.

A brief summary of some of the modifications is provided here, there are many, many more and a full suite of technical documentation, spares and motorsport information will be provided to the purchaser.

Engine:
    Full motorsport rebuild, circa 250-260 BHP on mild boost for extended stage rallies and much more available for hillclimb and short sprints at higher boost.
    Full EFi conversion.
    Inconel race valves and modified valve train.
    Race cam and vernier pulley.
    Everything lightened, balanced and matched.
    Total seal Piston rings.
    Volumetric efficiency very high giving excellent power for the amount of boost.
    Head brand new from Renault and matched to prototype development head, all matched to flowed manifolds.
    Baffled sump and semi-closed loop breather system.
    Almost all bolts are titanium or alloy.
    Owen Developments Roller Bearing Garret custom motorsport turbo in excess of 1200.

Motorsport fuel system circa 1k, all Sytec and anodized aluminium.
    Bespoke oil control and cooling system circa 500.
    Custom charge air cooling system circa 700.
    Custom BMS exhaust made to deliver maximum ground clearance and meet noise regulations for all UK circuits, including BMS downpipe.

Transmission:
    Custom Quaife built gearbox with circuit ratios and Quaife ATB differential.
    Alternative Gripper built gearbox with gripper Limited Slip Differential and very close custom ratios, available by separate negotiation.
    AP paddle clutch.
    Custom driveshafts.
    Choice of hubs and bearings.

Changing between these two gearboxes transforms the characteristics of the car, and the engine and chassis modifications have been done to allow a single person to complete a gearbox change in under two hours.

Interior
    Sequential shift lights
    Motorsport intercom
    Kill Switch
    Plumbed extinguisher
    Hand held extinguisher
    OMP Steering wheel
    Varley motorsport battery
    Full FIA certified roll cage welded in using 2mm baffle plate and linked to main monocoque/chassis pickups.
    Hydraulic vertical Handbrake
    Tilton brake proportioning valve.
    Helmet net
    Spare wheel holder and strap
    Toolbox built into boot
    Jack and brace fitted in quick release.
    Every gauge you could need.
    Sparco seats and 4 point harnesses.
    Wiring loom stripped and lightened.

Suspension
    Very wide track at the front custom made.
    Additional caster, dynamic camber and aggressive static camber.
    Custom AVO coilover shocks and springs fully adjustable, with helper springs.
    Custom alloy adjustable top mounts.
    Seam welded subframe and seam welded shell where appropriate
    Rear beam correctly aligned
    Uprated stiffer rear anti roll bars
    Uprated stiffer rear torsion bars
    Increased suspension travel at the rear with chassis member alterations
    Uprated front ARB
    Williams alloys, 3 sets with various tyre combinations powder coated in anthracite and 1 set in silver.

Body
    Lamp pod on quick release fasteners.
    Standard silhouette maintained for class regulations to ensure the car can compete across a broad range of competitions.
    Arches etc minimised to allow for wide track and mudflaps.
    Coupe decals and rear badge
    Delocked
    The car is in the body shop right now having a few stone chips touched up and a few aero tweaks painted and the front bumper splitter repaired.
    Carbon mirror plates and lightweight mirrors.
    Carbon bonnet
    Modified heater and fan assembly to meet MSA regulations.

This car has over a decade of research and development, and 10s of thousands of pounds spent on it. Simply put, you will not find a better all round performing Renault 5 GT Turbo, that can do everything excellently.

Spares package negotiable, along with lots of coupe memorabilia.

MSA/FIA approved sparco 3 layer suit, OMP HANS fitted helmet and a verity of motorsport clothing available by negotiation.

No tyre kickers and no timewasters.
    You will only be allowed to test drive if the cash is in my hand.

I will not break so don't even ask. If the car goes without the spares i will then and only then, list them for sale.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: R5 Rally Car 10k

freee bump, one of the best r5's ive ever seen on a circuit, great guy to deal with, i hope you will remain within rtoc in one way or another, and i really hope this special r5 will aswell.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow. What a car! Whoever buys that will have a lot of fun!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the kind words, hope it goes to a good home, already had a few enquiries.

Post Thanks / Like

Now advertised on eBay...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/231285545467

Post Thanks / Like

Forgot to mention, PX also considered.

Post Thanks / Like

Alistair, did you sell the Ph1 to a bloke in the Channel islands? It's being advertised as having had only 2 owners and priced at £9k.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Trevhib View Post
    Alistair, did you sell the Ph1 to a bloke in the Channel islands? It's being advertised as having had only 2 owners and priced at £9k.
    Hey, I heard it went there and spoke to the guy, he seemed cool.

The fella I sold the ph1 to still owes me my other ph1 interior and is called Rob and lives/owns a garden centre in the new forest, and is a knob. I've had a new gearknob waiting for a year now and he refuses to answer his phone, probably because he knows I want my interior back...

Lots of interest in the rally car, hopefully someone collecting at the weekend...

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Alistair.

Shame people have to be like that. It's more hassle/worry having someone chase you than it is just sorting out your bloody responsibilities.

Here's hoping the rally car sale goes smoothly and that it ends up with the right person

Post Thanks / Like

Rally car now sold.

I am glad it has gone to someone who will use it. I am sure the new owner wil let himself be known IDC.

Lots of interest and could have sold it many times over.

Thank you to all in the club for your help over the years and I will be back with a 5 again....