Post Thanks / Like

Original tyres!!! 1989

New poster! (less than 10 posts)

Just having some new boots on and I've been told the p600s that are on my 5s are the originals 1989!! Jesus!! But side walls are badly cracked must have been standing for a while...new uniroyals £45ea not bad..
    Tune up rolling road tomoz hopefully supporting mods will see a bhp increase..2" straight through..k&n panel..double intercooler..on standard boost though what you rekon bhp ??
    Engines got 66k on it.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Original tyres!!! 1989

I thought all the 5 turbos came with Michelin MXV`s as standard. I know back in the day when my Michelin`s got bald they were £120 a corner, so I went for P600`s which were more like £60. Uniroyals were loads cheaper but the P600s seemed to give me more grip than the Michelin but didnt last as long.

I know tyres have a date code on them, so im guessing thats how the garage knew how old they were.

Committee, NW Regional Rep Alex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I have some old P600's on mine, they're not great!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rabbitstew View Post
    I thought all the 5 turbos came with Michelin MXV`s as standard. I know back in the day when my Michelin`s got bald they were £120 a corner, so I went for P600`s which were more like £60. Uniroyals were loads cheaper but the P600s seemed to give me more grip than the Michelin but didnt last as long.

I know tyres have a date code on them, so im guessing thats how the garage knew how old they were.
    Yes mate stamped with 1989 on proper old...feels better with new tyres on..tune up next and then save for body work..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sie5gtturbo View Post

Yes mate stamped with 1989 on proper old...feels better with new tyres on..tune up next and then save for body work..
    I will have to check what date is on my yokohamas, im sure they must be about 2003!