Post Thanks / Like

steering coloum

Today I had my mot which failed One of the things it failed on was that there was play in the steering wheel Ive taken the inner coloum out and it looks very worn and not sure if it needs replacing and there didnt seem to have the bearing in the lower bush but did find a couple of bits of metal so it must of fallen apart. Do you think the shaft will be ok and that I just replace the bushes??

Last edited by bernard; 16-01-2009 at 21:43.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: steering coloum

does anyone know if there is ment to be grooves in the shaft, or is that just where its worn from the bearings, Also I went and paid for a pair of bushes from renault they were £33 I couldnt believe it I nearly fell over when I walked out.

Committee, NW Regional Rep Alex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

There shouldn't be any grooves in the shaft but it's fairly commen for the bearings to fall out of the bushes when they're worn.

You'll have to replace that shaft really with a second hand one, the bearings can be bought from GSF I think.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    There shouldn't be any grooves in the shaft but it's fairly commen for the bearings to fall out of the bushes when they're worn.

You'll have to replace that shaft really with a second hand one, the bearings can be bought from GSF I think.
    Not anymore. Renault stealer