Post Thanks / Like

Adaptronic

So as you know I'm having adaptronic fitted this week what are the main pros and are there any cons?
    Plus those who have it how is living with it installed? I was wondering is there an app available for it? Or do I need a lap top?

Thanks paul

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Adaptronic

You have to look at every ECU and work out if it's right for you. I know that Adaptronic does give you a lot features for very reasonable money, but I'd say that it's best feature is the support from people like Scoff.

I'm running a MegaSquirt MS1 ECU (just for ignition at the moment) mainly because I wanted to learn about EFI. It's cheap and very upgradable and will allow for more features as I get to learn more about tuning.

Companies like MOTEC are very good, but you have to accept that they are catering for the Pro Level Motorsport audience and as such their kit is VERY expensive.

I will also say that most people won't use half of the features available on after market ECUs, as once they are setup, they never really touched again unless there is a fault or an upgrade to the engine.

Post Thanks / Like

Im still running an Adaptronic 420B. Yes its old but at the end of the day i just need it to drive fuel and ignition. It still has a load of other features that i will never use!

Post Thanks / Like

It's all win win for the money. Only downer if you can call it that, is if you don't know how to map yourself.

As Woznaldo has said, feat packed and you won't out live it on a R5, not forgetting, if you come to sell on at later date, your get most of your money back.

Post Thanks / Like

Il be running the 420D and from the specs iv read on it it seems pretty good to me for what i need..

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Ive had mine fitted for about 10 months now and its the best mod so far scoff set it up and ive just played around with some other settings. I like how easier it is to use and adjust. I bought a cheap laptop so i could mess with it while on the road.the adaptronic forum is a great place for info and what all the settings do.fuel savings are great to.

Post Thanks / Like

as above. gives the car a whole new feel and opens up the door for other mods at a later date. had mine in for the best part of 12 months and have never looked back

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by royz View Post
    as above. gives the car a whole new feel and opens up the door for other mods at a later date. had mine in for the best part of 12 months and have never looked back
    Other mods such as? Iv not seen it yet as I'm picking it up tomorrow like people say I don't think we will use half of what it's capable of cracking bit of kit though

Post Thanks / Like

Not familiar with the adaptronic in particular but stuff that could be present but not used are can comms, dbw, etc.

Post Thanks / Like

nice simple one is that you can get a little valve that will let the ecu control the boost and it can be mapped to suit the car. see chris's site.

as there are inputs and outputs on the ecu. with the correct sensors the ecu can be set up to shut down if oil pressure drops or water temp is to high you can add launch control. shift lights. flat shift. rev limits ect also set up a switch to limit you speed as in a pit lane speed limiter. and a whole lot more.

if you have not got the manual yet download it and have a read through some very clever stuff in there and i was surprised when i read through just what that little black box can do. just wish i had a bit of time to set a few more thing up on mine just for the play value.
    Last edited by royz; 17-06-2014 at 20:57.

Post Thanks / Like

Chris has put a boost control valve on there which I think the ecu controls.. Will know more tomorrow and let you know.. I guess the rev limiter would have to be set already by Chris? Will have a read and see what can happen. Your right it's a very cleaver bit of kit
    Last edited by Nottswoody; 17-06-2014 at 21:15.

Post Thanks / Like

how did things go

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by royz View Post
    how did things go
    Very well bud 215bhp and 216ft/lb at 20.5 psi love the adaptronic set up caught me out I thought it was quick but had a problem as I could only get 10psi till I asked Chris and he mentioned he'd set the ecu to 60% throttle 10psi and flat to the floor for 20.5 can't fault it really.. The car has a couple of issues I'm not happy with but that's mechanical and I'm on it soon as I get time.. But she running and running well all I can say is if you want it done right go see efi parts

Post Thanks / Like

nice results.
    i got my ecu of chris but fitted it myself and chris then mapped it. wow amazing to watch him at work.
    remember the 1st drive when it was done. the car felt like new and just wanted to go. it will be going back in a few weeks as have done some bits to it so need to see where it is at now.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi guys sorry I know iv already asked but I can't find the answer as it wasn't my thread.. What leads do I need for reading the adaptronic? Iv got a laptop now just need links to the cables from laptop to ecu.. Thanks guys I'm no tec guy thanks for the help..

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Again a gent