Post Thanks / Like

*Renault Turbo UK Festival 2014* festival report

To keep things a bit clear i thought i'd open a new thread for report of the FCS/ND weekend.

Taking everything together it was an awesome weekend full of beer, banter, laughter and snorring Andy camping with you guys was the best decision we've ever made!

Waking up at 4AM, going to bed at 2AM, lying next to snorring Andy was a bit of a bad idea though but hell, it's only for one weekend anyway....

Show was lovely too although the organisation was really bad, luckily enough being with you lads more than compensated that so we had a lovely day. The weather was a bit bad in the beginning but at noon the sky started to clear and in came the sun

After looking around a bit and talking to people i decided to buy a passengers wristband and Evil Jesus, Pigsnake and Good Jesus took me for some laps around the track. Evil Jesus's car surprised me with the power and smoothness the engine produced, Pigsnakes cup 5 made me sweat out of all my pores and took me around the corners like mad, shame his passenger side front brake was sticking! Then to finish it all Good Jesus took me for some laps around the track, my god does that car stick to the road!!!!

During the day the JK and me got to talk to the PFC photographer who told us he wanted to do a shoot with our cars the day after At the end of the day we discovered there was a nice building with great view, free coffee and snacks for the VIP's.

After having a lovely day we headed of to the camping site to drink some bears and eventually get the hog roast which was included in the VIP ticket too, to keep it short: the hog roast sucked! deffinately not worth the 15 pounds imo!

After having a very nice evening with a few beers, laughter, banter and fun again everyone headed of to bed pretty early because of the next day leaving etc. (which was a shame as it was a great evening!). The next morning the most of the English lads left pretty early because of the long drive home.

That day Mick, Mike and his girl arrived at the camping site a bit let down as they thought Sunday was going to be a show day too. After having breakfast and packing stuff JK and me headed of to the PFC stand. We had a great photoshoot with a great guy! he was realy nice and interested and didn't cut one second to make a successfull photoshoot. (which will probably be covered in the coming or next PFC magazine).

After that we had the parade lap which was boring to say the least, but hell, i've been on track anyway Around 3PM we headed of to Romil's place, once we got there he showed us around and we sat in the garden just chilling. Had a little diner which was great and after chatting some headed of to bed around 11:30PM to get out of bed at 7AM and head to Dover.

I'm going to spare you the journey back but i was pretty surprised the 9 returned 32MPG, JK's Twingo 41MPG (1.2 TCE ftw) and Evil Jesus's 5 only did 22,5MPG

I want to thank everyone for the great weekend! It was nice getting to know you guys and seeing a few other again we've met at Sangliers last year. Special thanks goes out to Romil for having us sleep over Sunday night!

I was pretty dissapointed by the organisation of FCS, showers only in one place, badly informed personal, grumpy camp site manager, bad hog roast, no clue what the VIP exactly included (didn't get the VIP pack), etc. etc.

Point of critisism for the RTOC: Could've placed the banner somewhere to let people know where we were camping, better inform the people where the stand was as some were searching everywhere, no head of to the next service station without letting us know What exactly did RTOC do regarding ND? As it looked more like a bunch of members from RTOC just visitted FCS instead of organising anything themselves? (not that it matters but then why attach the name ND to it?).

Speaking for our group we would love to come again next year! Although i prefer to go to Retro show next year if the date will be in the beginning of July again, as it has been previous years (school exams at the end of June )

Yours truly,

(Brown sauce) Tutuur

From left to right:
    Jasper (Evil Jesus), Arthur (Tutuur), Jan and Jan-Kees (JK)
    Last edited by Tutuur; 10-06-2014 at 12:19.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: *Renault Turbo UK Festival 2014* festival report

Quote Originally Posted by Tutuur View Post
    Although i prefer to go to Retro show next year if the date will be in the beginning of July again, as it has been previous years (school exams at the end of June

I think your report is pretty much spot on Arthur, we were disappointed but the people that stayed on the sunday made our day, a big thanx to those

what id do next time if I went would go to the Saturday event, we did plan this but the weather put us off, got to see the 9 in the flesh too, the beast

all I can say is id highly recommend the retro day @ pod in my eyes you cant really go wrong, we always get a good turn out and hey you can even buy track time, what I will also guarantee at pod is you get some truly awesome cars and people too. what else do you want

thanx again Arthur your a true gent

retro day is always between the end of june and beginning of july

Post Thanks / Like

I've checked the website and previous years have always been the first or second weekend of July so i hope it'll be that again next year!

Post Thanks / Like

Agreed us all camping together would have been good. One of the other clubs I think 306 oc had there own space marked up but it seemed they had people doing security so that's probably why. Nice to meet you all too glad you all got back Ok.
    Sunday at the rtoc stand was better than the Saturday imo coz every one that was there was from rtoc and no people from other clubs mingling and more chilled, all in all a cracking weekend.

Maybe Andy should be kept away from the main camping area as I here he snores a little

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tutuur View Post
    Point of critisism for the RTOC: Could've placed the banner somewhere to let people know where we were camping, better inform the people where the stand was as some were searching everywhere, no head of to the next service station without letting us know What exactly did RTOC do regarding ND? As it looked more like a bunch of members from RTOC just visitted FCS instead of organising anything themselves? (not that it matters but then why attach the name ND to it?).
    I agree with this, what with the likes of the 207oc camping in a roped off area and a marquee for there bbq all clearly set out, would have been good to arrange something like this for the club, just to give us a bit of presence, and for members like me who have not met many people in the flesh feel like there in the 'club' and not just interrupting a bunch of mates talking!!
    I arrived Friday evening and couldn't see anyone apart from the frechies who were busy setting up, then later on I saw a few 5's arriving and parking in different spots, went up to introduce myself, only to find they were not rtoc members, so I gave up in end and we ended up with some lads from cliosport most weekend (the lads with horse s**te all over the caravan!)
    That said it was a great weekend, but for me personally it wasn't the club event like previous nat days

*edit, just noticed the camping thing brought up in another thread*
    Last edited by boysie; 10-06-2014 at 21:56.