Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Piper cam info

So I wanna get a piper cam but not sure what cam to for its between the piper 270 or the piper 285 I have a t25 turbo just not sure what will be best, any help would be great, I'm hopeing for around 180-200bhp

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Piper cam info

I'd go for the 270, give you a nice improvement in the mid-range and will work well with a T25 turbo
    The 285 is the better cam but its more for top end power, would only use one of those if you going big, high revving engine

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

O I see so unless I'm going for a bigger turbo then the 270 is better plus am I right in thinking that with the 270 I don't need the piper valve springs or vernier pulley

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Webber View Post
    O I see so unless I'm going for a bigger turbo then the 270 is better plus am I right in thinking that with the 270 I don't need the piper valve springs or vernier pulley
    I personally don't think you need to go too wild on the cam when going for moderate power, even a standard cam will get 200bhp its just the 270 helps it a lot more and gives more mid-range
    You can use standard springs with the 270, a vernier is a good idea for any cam allows you to adjust the cam timing to gain the most out of it and alter the power band abit too

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok wicked cheers for info mate all starting to make sense now, nice 1