Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

J37 phase 2 in the making

New poster! (less than 10 posts)

New to this site as I've said in previous posts. Owning and running my own bodyshop has it's perks. One of them is being able to do your own cars exactly how you want them for next to nothing
    To cut along story short I've decided to strip the 5 down. Do the bits of welding that it needed. Luckily only outer sills and slightly around the windscreen and full respray. Colour of choice is Jaune Sirius j37 more commonly known amongst you renault lovers as liquid yellow. Keep your eyes pealed for pics and updates as and when they come. Painted the underside of the bonnet today just to test colour and my oh my she's gonna stand out

Post Thanks / Like

Re: J37 phase 2 in the making

I love that colour should look good on a 5 too

Post Thanks / Like

Great colour choice.I hear this paint is expensive to buy? Is it a 3 stage pearl?

East Midlands Regional Rep Os8472's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

When my 5 was going in for respray I toyed with the idea of doing it liquid yellow, even asked a mate who's a dab hand photoshop to mock it up.

It looked great and I was going to have it, then on the way to the body shop to tell them my colour choice, someone reminded me.

Ali G had a yellow R5 :/

Post Thanks / Like

nice colour will really suit the 5...im sure someone on here had a yellow one, if i remember correctly he was on the photo competition, parked next to a plane or helicopter..

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LukeRobbo View Post
    Great colour choice.I hear this paint is expensive to buy? Is it a 3 stage pearl?
    Yeah it is a three stage pearl mate. If you want a propa paint job with a really eye catching colour multi stages are the only way to get immense effects on the flop of swage lines etc and when the sun light huts them. Its expensive but definatly worth it. Always said my next car would be j37 so why not. When its finished and back together car will be then for sale

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Os8472 View Post

Ali G had a yellow R5 :/
    Aiiiiiiiii!

Post Thanks / Like

I done this photoshop of mine a few years back please ignore the stupid bump strips someone put on my car

Post Thanks / Like

I remember seeing a photo of a LY 5 on eBay.. powerflex bushes or something I think..

Get a photo up of the under bonnet. Really is an epic colour and hope your wheels will be ixell 205-110 also?!

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Its definatly the colour im having. People will take the piss about saying ali g had a yellow r5 but well done yes he did. Was it liquid yellow? No. And it had a bad ass stupid as hell bodykit. So weather people love it or hate it thats not a problem to me. I like the colour and if at all i go off it then ill just flat it off and paint it something else cuz i can

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonbodyworks View Post

Its definatly the colour im having. People will take the piss about saying ali g had a yellow r5 but well done yes he did. Was it liquid yellow? No. And it had a bad ass stupid as hell bodykit. So weather people love it or hate it thats not a problem to me. I like the colour and if at all i go off it then ill just flat it off and paint it something else cuz i can
    Its not taking the piss mate its just friendly banter, try and not take it so personally
    The car will look amazing in that colour, well done for having the balls to try it!

Infact it will look... http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DA6Q5OXFJAw

Post Thanks / Like

This will look great. It may need the right wheels and height to really set it off.

My advice would be not to paint the wing mirror mounts or the bumper strips or do things like removing door locks or wipers. Or add any chrome highlighting. Keep it standard. Of course, whatever you decide to do, keep us updated with pics, it should be a good read

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

i would even spray my raider this colour

Post Thanks / Like

Is that the original Renault colour that GTT's got in France? It's a gorgeous colour. As is the Monaco light bronze metallic.

That yellow GTT above on some light Tungy Turini's would look fantastic.

Post Thanks / Like

Factory Yellow GTT in this ad:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOiE3y5HSmo

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Trevhib View Post
    This will look great. It may need the right wheels and height to really set it off.

My advice would be not to paint the wing mirror mounts or the bumper strips or do things like removing door locks or wipers. Or add any chrome highlighting. Keep it standard. Of course, whatever you decide to do, keep us updated with pics, it should be a good read
    Wing mirror base plates will be an anthracite grey same as the bump strips. Everything else will be how it should be. Not deli king or de wipering it. It's already lowered and sits perfect for me. And as far as wheels go I've just been given some Clio turbines for free so there going on it and the stupid oz wheels are coming off. If someone lets me no how to upload pics I'll show some of the underside of the bonnet

Committee Member
    Social Media
    Post Thanks / Like

Do you have a photo bucket account buddy? That is one way of uploading

Post Thanks / Like

To upload pics, either create an album folder in your profile and upload your pics there by following the instructions, or upload them to somewhere on the internet like photobucket. Note that RTOC will only accept JPGs up to a certain size.

Then for each pic, right-click on it, go 'copy image url', then in your thread reply box, click the insert image icon (like mountain with yellow background), paste the url into that box and click ok. Rinse and repeat. You can have as many images in one post as you want and interspersed with text if necessary.

You can grab and paste/insert images from anywhere on the internet in this way. Like so, from Google images:

And this looks to be liquid yellow (or similar), with some dodgy styling, including a Delta bonnet:

Post Thanks / Like

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Well here's a pic of the underside of the bonnet and here's who I am lol got shed loads of pics for you guys so keep your eyes on me

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Still don't think I've got the hang of uploading pics as I don't think that's worked lol

Post Thanks / Like

Oooooh I like that