Post Thanks / Like

tips removing carb throttle flap

any recommendations on the best way to remove the screws which hold the throttle flap in place?
    started stripping the carb for an overhaul kit as i have bought the kit from the club shop but i managed to get one out.the other is on the verge of being too chewed up to get in or out.
    ive tried loads of carb cleaner/wd40 to no avail.
    any help appreciated.
    i know on the guide it says they are tight and may have to drill out.but i dont have the knowledge to drill them out and retap without making a dick of it.plus i wouldnt trust my self with too many fidly tools lol
    aswell as not being sure on how to re thread.
    thankssss

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: tips removing carb throttle flap

The only couple of things I can suggest, are make sure you use the correct size screw driver and you could apply a little grinding paste to the tip of the screwdriver to give extra grip against the screw

Post Thanks / Like

when i did mine i had to drill one out its pretty simple to do. i used a drill just bigger than the size of the thread so one you break through the head of the screw it drops off then you should be able to sort of wind it out. no need to re thread the hole

Post Thanks / Like

the heads are a bit soft so like he said use the correct phillips bit......the threads are also flattened so get a dremmel rotay tool and grind them off.....then the rest of the screw should back off no probs!