Post Thanks / Like

soft pedal thingy

my clutch seems to gone changed two cables and they are both gone now. been told my clutch must be gone and the fork on the gearbox side is loose had alot of play in it. so defo want a soft pedal fork thingy before i replace the clutch.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: soft pedal thingy

Quote Originally Posted by B18ftMOJO5 View Post
    my clutch seems to gone changed two cables and they are both gone now. been told my clutch must be gone and the fork on the gearbox side is loose had alot of play in it. so defo want a soft pedal fork thingy before i replace the clutch.
    Are you running a front mount inter cooler?
    As "a soft pedal fork thingy" doesn't fit with my gt tunning bread bin.

Post Thanks / Like

yup grill mounted one should be fine. going to try a genuine renault clutch cable first so if that works.

Post Thanks / Like

sorry yes im running a front mount ic behind the grill. after speaking to haz i think i messed up trying to fit the cable myself and must have stretched it to start with. hopefully thats all and the new cable works tommorow. fingers crossed.

Post Thanks / Like

Hopefully your new cable will sort this out but if not I have a soft pedal conversion kit and a heavy duty cable too somewhere in my shed I can dig them out and send pictures if needed just let me know

Post Thanks / Like

thanks waiting for either the 5.99 cable from ebay or i have one ordered at the local spares place at 1pm for £15 this time as per hazs advice will get someone to pull the gearbox side on while i push the ratchet up on the pedal side. getted to miss the dyno day at efi parts, defo dont want to miss the karting.

Post Thanks / Like

sods law, come back from buying a new £15 cable and the postman delivers the £6 one.. this time will ask my neighbour to help while i hold the adjuster on the pedal up to give enough play to slot the otherside on to the gearbox, without stretching the cable.

Post Thanks / Like

two neighbous and a lot of rain later back on the rd. lol