Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Restoration

New poster! (less than 10 posts)

Hi all
    still a noob and I am unsure if I'm posting in the correct area , but just a couple of questions regarding the R5 GTT,
    I am still really having a look around atm just to see what you lot do and it seems some go for a full restoration others go for a car what has been looked after and treat it as fun playing around with the engine etc, from what I have read from previous threads is all excellent reading and real good fun.
    Depending on what I purchase can a full restoration be done on the interior, including seats etc bringing it back to its original spec?
    Obviously from what I have read so far the engine can be rebuilt and brought up to what ever spec you want.
    Can the body be also brought back to its original condition despite the condition its in now ?
    rotten in other words

Cheers Chris

East Midlands Area Rep Mr Raider's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Restoration

Depends what you want to be honest and what you can buy. Ones that have already been restored maybe more money however its cheaper buying a restored one than buying one that needs lots of work and getting it done, although it would be more to your own spec/taste. I would recommend a solid base for a project, not a rot box maybe that only need little or no welding and close to original spec although these wont be the cheapest cars. Parts that can be unbolted like engines, even interior are easier than lots of welding and then re-spraying so really depends upon your budget, all the knowledge you need is here!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Restoration

A lot of parts are still available new. Some parts are available off the shelf refurbished, and some you'll find you need to look for 2nd hand that may or may not need refurbishing.

Look at some of the projects and restorations going on atm. Anything is possible