Post Thanks / Like

D505BAD Ph1 Burgundy project

Another R5 Ph1 Gt turbo project, bought off eBay last autumn and what can be described as a mess!
    Bought car for £1200 on the thinking parts alone made the value. Came stripped out, two newish FIA standard bucket seats, perspec windows all round, full GAZ ph1 suspension, Clio 182 cup wheels with New tyres. Car has b18ft engine fitted but quite a mess. Car had 9 months mot and ran of sorts.

Collection day was fun, due to a flat battery I took my own. Fitted it to find alternator had blown, taxed car at local post office anđ with the help of Paul Woodward commenced a dash to his house a 40 mile drive. Got there eventually with over heating and coolant blowing out off header tank lol. Car ran well at only8 volts, battery was dead at arrival.

Car was then stood for a few months at Paul whilst we worked on his car engine conversion. New alternator fitted and cooling system sorted. Had to wire radiatorfan up as nothing worked on present wiring.
    Finally got the car back to mine without a hitch, plan is to rewire the whole car, refit an interior and refit a ph1 body kit.

South East Regional Rep
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: D505BAD Ph1 Burgundy project

Get some pics up mate. We love pics

Post Thanks / Like

Unfortunately my phone want let me, I'll put some up tomorrow.
    Further progress since getting the BAD5 home, idle was erratic and uncontrollable, so removed a few items that don't help. Wastegate Control valve binned, idle valve and boost valve binned. Idle now set on throttle body via use of throttle position screw and idle control screw. Idled solid from 700 cold to 1100rpm hot. FPR was damaged, vacuum nipple bent causing vacuum loss and so purchased a FSE FPR. Only set fueling 1/4 turn higher at present, needs a fuel pressure gauge fitting.
    Next tasks are beguns, remove all Volvo loom, refit missing r5 looms and mean all as car is devoid of any. Then I can fit a heater unit with New heater matrix and a dash back in. That's just for starters, need to remove cooling system, fit ktec front mount ic and refit all cooling system. Then chop up Volvo loom for bespoke to wire back in. Was aiming to keep Volvo clocks as gearbox is Volvo.
    Sunroof also needs ripping out, hopefully got a clio unit that will fit and a roof lining.
    Last edited by Thundercat; 22-03-2014 at 23:30.

Post Thanks / Like

Some picks of BAD5 as it was when purchased
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Post Thanks / Like

My memory is a sieve, some work i did before Christmas, removed all perspex windows and fitted oe green glass.
    Bucket seats that came with the car removed for my track project and some recliner buckets fitted.

Post Thanks / Like

Some really bad installation of looms and engine ancillaries. All on the list to be removed and sorted.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Thundercat View Post
    Some really bad installation of looms and engine ancillaries. All on the list to be removed and sorted.
    Looked at first picture and thought what's all the fuss about with the installation?? Looked at the second and saw a couple if kilo of loom !

Are you going keep it burgundy?
    Interesting....

Post Thanks / Like

BT have had loads of cable nicked recently and i think we have just found it on a serious note i really quite like the colour of the car its a bit different for a 5 gt good luck with the wiring.

Post Thanks / Like

Car looks nice. I can only assume all that wiring is to keep the volvo clocks and the tripe gauge pod thing.

Post Thanks / Like

I remember seeing this for sale, looks tidy and lots of potential, although sound like there is a fair bit of work to be done, keep the updates coming

Post Thanks / Like

Jon loves a good project

Once it's sorted you need to change the reg at the DVLA to - D505 GUD

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the comments. It's a solid ph1 which was my main reason in buying. The ph2 kit isn't to my liking so. I'm going for ph1 kit in pearl white, Mirrors/grille/upper light trims etc all in pearl.
    wiring will be put back oe with Volvo loom for engine and gauges grafted inGot a full r19 F1 interior to fit out of my raider.
    Engine will receive fresh plumbing, simplified loom to bare minimum, possibly a T25/T2 turbo or full T25.
    So plenty to do!

East Midlands Area Rep Mr Raider's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Good work Jon, - SERIOUS amount of wiring in the scuttle area
    Last edited by Mr Raider; 25-03-2014 at 12:48.