Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: where has all activity gone?

Quote Originally Posted by Rob1980 View Post
    Thanks for the reply guys, much appreciated

Running a business/website is something that I can definitely do ..
    Rob , we need help with the new website!

Post Thanks / Like

I have sent a PM to a CM. However it can be for the attention of all CM's

Post Thanks / Like

I shall start a thread within the committee section for You rob as I'm sure your help will be greatly received

Post Thanks / Like

What is the actual role/duty of a Moderator? I used to be the Area Rep back in the day for BN-Brighton and surrounding area with regulator meets down by the pier, even a couple of curry meets that the london boys made the long ish trip to down sunny Eastbourne. It's still half price at my local on a Sunday to.

Post Thanks / Like

My understanding is, and I'm genuinely not being sarcastic or condescending with this, to moderate the boards. Occasional the're spam posts that need tidying (it's rare but bizzarly I've had to delete four today), the boards need to be kept polite and generally family friendly. It also provides a person that those using the board can pm in confidence should the situation arise.

Kind of like a club prefect (I think)

Post Thanks / Like

South East Regional Rep
    Post Thanks / Like

Do I get a rtoc prefects badge?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LiamR View Post
    Do I get a rtoc prefects badge?

I want a prefect badge!

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

The majority of people are already on Facebook so the Facebook site is already there when they are looking through the news feed, im not a long term member of rtoc approx 2 years now,and I like rtoc for there articles and info, but when it comes to the response to a problem, which personally is why I pay a membership the Facebook site is winning hands down right now,what im seeing on here alot of the time when new members ask a question they get a response like check past threads. If someone has the experience to do a simple bit of typing to help them out they should do so, I thought that was what club spirit was about (enthusiasts) rant over, this is only my opinion but people new to any seen ask the same questions and for me as a long time member of sidc and passion ford thats not what I am seeing here I hope no one takes this the wrong way but we all pay for our pennies worth

Committee, Treasurer, Memberships admin Ian S's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Is a lot of it about mobile phone use being so popular and FB working better with those? The way it notifies is maybe more sophisticated? Making the phone make a noise, if it does that?

Post Thanks / Like

Facebook will ultimately be the end of RTOC as a forum, it's just to user friendly, & everyone & their dog is on there. The split of forums won't be of any help to membership either
    RTOC will be OK for a few years yet & if we can get some sort of interface with facebook it may help the club move forward.

Post Thanks / Like

Personally i hate mobile websites! I'm an iphone user and all full websites work flawlessy on it so i much prefer the normal websites.

Imo mobile websites should be banned! Always the problem alot of features aren't accessable using mobile websites...

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe it's a good idea to start a chat thread in every subpart of the forum for little questions?

I can understand why people don't want to reply to every one of the new 20 threads when the title is vague.
    Maybe for instance in a '5 gt turbo chat topic' people could ask stuff like: how do i remove my wiper arm etc.

Post Thanks / Like

If people are going onto the FB pages for advice i would be warry, some of the advice i've seen on there is shocking!

I've not been on them for few months now so maybe things have changed but still hear horror stories on there

Committee Member
    Events
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Markey Mark (BD) View Post
    some of the advice i've seen on there is shocking!

Post Thanks / Like

I joined the Turbo Renault site as it seemed that everyone off here had joined and I thought i'd have a look, but i'm yet to post. I have no intention of leaving the RTOC club and can't be arsed to spend time on two forums so doubt I ever will. There is a lot less activity in the general chat part of this site but lots of projects are still on the go and the help and advice is still here when required. Seems a shame that the club and small old renualt cars scene has basically split in two but I'm not that involved in it all to know the ins and outs of it all...

The Renault 5 GT Turbo owners facebook group is very busy everyday but it can be hard to keep track of the posts. It is very useful for immediate help and there will be a lot of people that use it in stead of joining up on here for a quick reply but its well worth joining the club as the forum offers a much better catalog of knowledge and articles.

Post Thanks / Like

As someone who runs the Facebook page we do refer a lot of technical issues towards RTOC as mentioned it is hard to find posts in the timeline.

like any open forum the page does have a minority that post "shocking" information but it is a very small minority of trolls or peoples sense of humour taken the wrong way.

Facebook will N E V E R replace niche websites like RTOC, never in a million years as mentioned before there is no order to the model it is literally a flash in the pan Q&A.

As far as our "allegiance" it is and always has been to promote the "mother" site which is RTOC. The dissention that occurred on here months ago threatened to spill over on Facebook but we decided to sit on the fence as not to cause further fractions in the R5 scene. Maybe that was the wrong course only time will tell but we could never be accused of anti democracy as its an open page with no spammed agenda.

IMO this page will get to a positive tipping point IF promotion of the other turbo Renault enthusiasts (twingo etc) takes off bringing in generic enthusiasts. Niche websites will always survive at some level.

Facebook interface will ultimately raise the game as far as membership goes. Younger car owners have grown up and become normal with new tech (tablets, smart phones) so to arrive on a site that doesn't offer ANYTHING they're used to will ultimately put them off.
    Solve that and the recipe is perfect.......... then the battle with Turbo Renault begins!

The fact the club was split and I wouldn't say it was 50/50 or nowhere near that has happened and we have to move on which we are from what I've read. This site has 10 years of threads, members, posts, help, info, ideas etc, etc which is priceless, its a brand also albeit a forgotten rough around the edges one but still a brand. With effective marketing and advertising as mentioned IMO the future looks good.

I've got nothing against turbo Renault or its creators but if were sticking our flags in the sand mines with the original.......................and everyone knows remakes are never a patch on the originals!

Don't forget the weather is still garbage which keeps people off, also the fact winter projects are never finished on time is a factor too, give it another 6 week when the suns out and the rubbers burning and it will be a hive of activity.

In RTOC we trust.