Post Thanks / Like

Typical Main Dealer Behaviour.

Ok so this is not regarding a Renault dealership, but a Ford one...

I took our Kuga to the main dealer in Ashford for a service and an MOT. I got a phone call from them a few hours later telling me that the front brake pads were 95% worn and the rear pads 75% worn. I asked how much they would do them for and they instantly said £350!! I asked if it had failed the MOT and they said no it had passed so I rejected their quote.

ATS down the road will replace them all for £148 so I called ford back. I told them this price and their response was that they would not use Ford parts... So?? Was my response, what makes ford parts better?? He then instantly said that they would do them all for £225! £125 cheaper than half hour ago with no change in the parts need or job scope.

Obviously I said no again but my main gripe is this:- how many dear old ladies (or anyone else) get this sort of thing done for £350??? It is blatantly ripping people off especially when you consider the fact that they could instantly knock off £125 with no change in the job scope! Obsolutely disgraceful behaviour! My custom they will no longer get.

Trader
    GT Turbo Spares co.uk
    South East Regional Rep
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Typical Main Dealer Behaviour.

Agreed my partner's mother was quoted £175 for 2 front tyres as she was told they were dangerous. I looked at the tyres and they are worn but still legal. I have arranged to have 2 new ones fitted for £68.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Mainstealers not dealers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Adam gt E View Post
    Mainstealers not dealers
    Agree i once bought a auto monco where the lady had only drove 800miles a year for 5 year. Every year the car was serviced and the brake pads and shoes changed everytime she went to quickfit for her service. I can imagine they probably didnt even change the parts as they were still like new.

Post Thanks / Like

My old driving school car when I first bought it had only 6k on the clock, it had two ford stamps in the book from the original purchase dealership for two services. A minor and a major one.

First thing I did was service it myself, it didn't even have an air filter in the intake box, plugs were original as was the oil filter and the oil was black as sin!

I had two recipes for both services one was £200 the other was £350.....

Post Thanks / Like

Another time my cousin hired a car for a month. Gave it bk with 28,000 miles. Saw it for sale a few months later at the same dealership showing 21,500miles. Fsh

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

It does piss me off the price main dealers try to charge they rip you off big time. £80 £90 or £100 per hour most charge

But saying that Genuine parts are a lot better than cheap parts you've never heard of. ATS will fit the cheapest things they can find so be carefull. They will wear out quicker, probably squeak and the main thing the stopping distance will be increased. It may only be a small amount but if your heading towards a wall 3 feet may be the difference between stopping a foot short or smashing your car up. or heading towards a child that's just run out in front of you a few feet will make a massive difference.

There are lot of good small garages out there and a lot of garages that will rip you off so if you can find someone honest and trust worthy use them. Main dealer will rip you off but any small garage can fit genuine parts at half the price of main dealer.
    As for the likes of ATS and Halfords I wouldn't trust them to blow my tyres up.

Always makes me chuckle that people will fit the cheapest parts on there cars that costs thousands of pounds but they wont go buy the cheapest tv from currys or the cheapest food from Tesco's

Buy cheap buy twice
    Last edited by martynp; 05-03-2014 at 19:42.

Post Thanks / Like

I will have decent pads fitted, just not by ford! I need to shop around ASAP and get this done.

I just used the ATS price as an example.