Post Thanks / Like

5 GT Turbo

New poster! (less than 10 posts)

Also on for sale thread............. Hi all. Looking for a bit of help. Been trawling Ebay, Gumtree etc for a 5 Turbo for some time now but getting nowhere fast. Been wanting one for bloody years now,think my brothers 9 turbo back in the day may have been the catalyst. I'm far from a mechanic and keep talking myself out of travelling hundreds of Miles to view a car that's a wreck, or even worse buy it and get shafted with engine issues. Im fully aware these are 20 + years old and some issues come with the territory. I'm 33,no kids (yet) have a garage for storage, money burning a hole in my account and am looking to purchase. If you are currently selling by all means post a link on here, or maybe point me in the right direction. Cheers

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 5 GT Turbo

New poster! (less than 10 posts)

Welcome

I say just keep looking. There is a tungsten grey one on eBay ATM which looks nice. Seeing as your not great with a spanner your best bet is to buy a more standard higher price example, instead of a cheaper example which needs tinkering.

The no brainers to look for are the rusty sills, head gaskets, and tired turbos.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 5 GT Turbo

https://www.rtoc.org/boards/showthread.php?t=35524

A good honest everyday usable example.