Post Thanks / Like

2x ronal turbo alloy wheels with next to brand new toyo r888

As above to ronal alloys with only 1/2 mile use toyo r888 195/50/15 tyres

Pictures speak for them selves. Wheel size 15 -7j et28 4x100

One alloy has been kerbed but the face is in good condition. The other has been slightly curbed with a few marks on the face.

£250 ( if you buy the tyres else where there £250 so your essentially getting the alloys for free.

Trader
    Nocturnal Developments
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2x ronal turbo alloy wheels with next to brand new toyo r888

I think I paid £330 for a set of 4 toyo's, supplied and fitted, from tweaks. However I don't think r888's are available anymore. I may be interested in just the tyres if someone else wants the wheels, whether its you or them that may split them

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Haz View Post
    I think I paid £330 for a set of 4 toyo's, supplied and fitted, from tweaks. However I don't think r888's are available anymore. I may be interested in just the tyres if someone else wants the wheels, whether its you or them that may split them
    R888 are available still from demon tweeks. This is where I got them from. £121 plus del and fitting

Trader
    Nocturnal Developments
    Post Thanks / Like

Ah, good to know. Is it a change in tyre regs that they are just not suitable for road use now then?
    As above though, I'm not after the wheels and trying not to hoard stuff these days. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Haz View Post
    Ah, good to know. Is it a change in tyre regs that they are just not suitable for road use now then?
    As above though, I'm not after the wheels and trying not to hoard stuff these days. Thanks
    As far I know and how they are advertised they are still road legal

From demon tweeks..........

Toyo Proxes R888 - Ultra High Performance, road-legal track tyre

The Toyo R888 tyre is one of the most popular trackday tyres currently on the market. In the few years it's been around, it has become the choice of trackday enthusiasts worldwide, and is the control tyre in many clubman race series due to its high performance and good value.

The Proxes R888 is a sophisticated track day tyre, but is also fully road legal - making it suitable for high performance road driving, or driving back home after a trackday. The Proxes R888 boasts an outstanding handling compound which delivers optimum results in the dry and wet. The medium soft compound performs significantly better than most other soft compound tyres, allowing better grip with longer lasting wear rates. The advanced casing design developed by Toyo's motorsport team and the sophisticated compounds employed allow increased cornering forces and ultimate traction through all corners.

Extensive testing has been conducted at Toyo's own proving ground in Japan as well as the UK to ensure these tyres perform well in all conditions.

IMPORTANT: Caution is required in extreme wet conditions due to limited anti-aquaplaning capabilities. These tyres are not intended to be used as regular road driving tyres, and should not be used in any sort of cold/winter conditions.

As this tyre is designed and produced with competition compounds, no warranty is implied or given.

I don't want to split but I'm not against the idea. I'll see how it goes

Trader
    Nocturnal Developments
    Post Thanks / Like

Good stuff. Advert is spot on, amazing tyres until you hit a puddle. Scary on really rainy days esp on the motorway when they cause you to hop lanes!
    Shall keep an eye on the thread. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Sold