Post Thanks / Like

One for the traders ....

Posting this here as I can't see anywhere else ....
    I've had this situation before but the values were a lot higher and long story short the court agreed ...job done .
    I have had a car left with me for restoration and the owner has gone awol ...Numerous calls ,texts etc and no response .
    It's been in my way for 6 months now ,the owner is aware but just refuses to make any contact to discuss ,straight to voicemail ...I'm out of the country etc etc .
    Now .....The car is worth zilch as it stands ...the court process will cost me 3k + ...anyone with a similar experiance please advise ...PM prefered

Post Thanks / Like

Re: One for the traders ....

I would send a special delivery ( not standard sign for.) sign for letter stating he has 14 days from receipt of letter to collect the car as from that time it will be left outside and not your reponiablitly and state your reasons with the lack of response etc. That way, being a sign for letter, he won't be able to hide as easy to being warned and it will be more offical aswell as your have some proof, keep copy and screen the online check to.

Post Thanks / Like

and state they have 14 to pay and collect, after that its £100 a day storage... then after a few weeks - apply to the dvla for ownership

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

As above, I reckon. 14 days notice, with a threat of storage charges. Yeah, applying for the V5 is a good one.
    Even if you have no intention of keeping it, as the owner will be contacted to make them aware - they will soon get in touch after that.