Post Thanks / Like

Help (North London) :x

I now have my front panel courtesy of Raj. (ty mate delivered super quick)

But unfortunately i don't have a welder, or any welding experience. So i can't put it in, it will cost me a fortune down a garage most probably.

I was wondering if there was anyone near Enfield (EN1 3DP), that could possibly help me out. I don't mind driving, but not too far as my car has no front bumper/grill and a bent up front and i know what the police are like

(i do have a front bumper but it needs spraying [courtesy of soapymech - cheers mate], i guess i could always try putting that on just for the journey?)

Sorry if it is a bit cheeky to ask someone to weld my front panel on for me. But i will do biscuit/beer runs

(Still waiting on my grill[e] and back bumper to come [Mike Wilson - has suposidly sent] it but it has been 8days , then i can think about the subframe)
    Last edited by Bodell; 10-09-2008 at 07:57.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Help (North London) :x

Hi, mate i'm in N London area in the EN1 as well, I have'nt got a welder but if you need any parts for your car I got loads....pm me if you need anything or any help

laters

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bodell View Post
    I now have my front panel courtesy of Raj. (ty mate delivered super quick)

But unfortunately i don't have a welder, or any welding experience. So i can't put it in, it will cost me a fortune down a garage most probably.

I was wondering if there was anyone near Enfield (EN1 3DP), that could possibly help me out. I don't mind driving, but not too far as my car has no front bumper/grill and a bent up front and i know what the police are like

(i do have a front bumper but it needs spraying [courtesy of soapymech - cheers mate], i guess i could always try putting that on just for the journey?)

Sorry if it is a bit cheeky to ask someone to weld my front panel on for me. But i will do biscuit/beer runs

(Still waiting on my grill[e] and back bumper to come [Mike Wilson - has suposidly sent] it but it has been 8days , then i can think about the subframe)
    I might be able to borrow my bro's welder if you still need help mate, i've had to do my front panel on my old 5 before.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Markey Mark (BD) View Post
    I might be able to borrow my bro's welder if you still need help mate, i've had to do my front panel on my old 5 before.
    That would be really useful if you could, i don't mind giving you a bit of cash for your trouble.

Do you think you would be able to take the old one off and put this new one on?

p.s - Roach where about you from in EN1 (im down by willow road)? I haven't seen any r5's around here!

Post Thanks / Like

That would be really useful if you could, i don't mind giving you a bit of cash for your trouble.

Do you think you would be able to take the old one off and put this new one on?

Yeah i could change it for you, let me see if i can get hold of it. How soon do you need it done for mate?

Post Thanks / Like

i would offer a hand but i have bitten off more than i can chew at the moment.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah i could change it for you, let me see if i can get hold of it. How soon do you need it done for mate?
    Was hoping to get it ready for Ace Cafe on monday :x Even if i have to go down with a blue bumper

What sort of time/day where you thinking?

Post Thanks / Like

Was hoping to get it ready for Ace Cafe on monday :x Even if i have to go down with a blue bumper

What sort of time/day where you thinking?
    Ah i wouldn't be able to do it before then mate as i've got another job planned for this weekend.

Post Thanks / Like

When after that do you think, i can always go down Ace in my mates pug 106. It just would of been better, but i'll survive.

msn = minib21@hotmail.com if thats easier to do.

Post Thanks / Like

When after that do you think, i can always go down Ace in my mates pug 106. It just would of been better, but i'll survive.

msn = minib21@hotmail.com if thats easier to do.
    The following weekend ok?

Post Thanks / Like

The following weekend ok?
    Sunday 21st? I would have finished work by then so i am free all day. As i am currently working 7days a week.

Would bringing a front sub frame with me be too much, or do you have the stuff to swap that over aswell? I don't want to take the p*ss.

Post Thanks / Like

Sunday 21st? I would have finished work by then so i am free all day. As i am currently working 7days a week.

Would bringing a front sub frame with me be too much, or do you have the stuff to swap that over aswell? I don't want to take the p*ss.
    I'll see if i can swap that over too mate, i'll get a few mates over to help as that'll be a big job to do it in a day, possible to do so we'll see mate.

Sunday 21st is fine mate

Post Thanks / Like

I'll see if i can swap that over too mate, i'll get a few mates over to help as that'll be a big job to do it in a day, possible to do so we'll see mate.

Sunday 21st is fine mate
    Sorted Now all i need to do is find a front sub frame. From somewhere before the 21st

Where would be a good place to meet and do it all?

Post Thanks / Like

Sorted Now all i need to do is find a front sub frame. From somewhere before the 21st
    If your bringing the car here mate i'm breaking a Raider which you could have the subframe off i could get it off ready for the sunday

Post Thanks / Like

http://profile.imageshack.us/user/bodell

Here are the pics (white 1)

Just so you know what your in for, you can still say no

And yes i would be interested in the sub frame
    Last edited by Bodell; 11-09-2008 at 14:32.

Post Thanks / Like

http://profile.imageshack.us/user/bodell

Here are the pics (white 1)

Just so you know what your in for, you can still say no

And yes i would be interested in the sub frame
    Just looked at the pic's mate, hope that hasn't tweeked the leg in as we might be in abit of trouble then. We'll have to have a good look when you bring it down.